No announcement yet.

Rec Tec pellet smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitts and Spitts is an awesome American Made smoker.
    Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    Here’s a pork butt I did last week on my Pitts & Spitts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got the Rec Tec 590 in last week and finally got to smoke something. I took a pork but and removed the bone. Then I split it down the middle and smoked the bottom portion for pulled pork. I am curing the top portion for Buckboard bacon. I smoked the butt @230 degrees for 5 hours and wrapped @ 170 internal degrees and cooking till 205 internal. Really happy with the amount of smoke this thing puts out. I have pork bellies curing and making jerky tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
        Got the Rec Tec 590 in last week and finally got to smoke something. I took a pork but and removed the bone. Then I split it down the middle and smoked the bottom portion for pulled pork. I am curing the top portion for Buckboard bacon. I smoked the butt @230 degrees for 5 hours and wrapped @ 170 internal degrees and cooking till 205 internal. Really happy with the amount of smoke this thing puts out. I have pork bellies curing and making jerky tomorrow.

Unit looks good. Glad you are happy with her

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
          Unit looks good. Glad you are happy with her

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
          Thanks for posting 590 with food in for reference to grill size ! I'm going 590 as no need for smoke box so mind made up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Yes easily. The hot rod is low wattage and it turns off after the pellets get ignited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Thanks

Comment

Ordered 590 5-12 delivery scheduled tomorrow 5-15

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                Got the Rec Tec 590

I love my 590. The only thing I modified was added some High Temp felt tape to the lid as I noticed some smoke coming out from the lid and the pit.

Comment

Did I read in one of the replies that you have to assemble a Rec Tec?

All I had to do with my Pitts and Spitts was on bolt it from the pallet, set it in place, plug it in and start seasoning.

Comment

All I had to do with my Pitts and Spitts was on bolt it from the pallet, set it in place, plug it in and start seasoning.

Very little assembly... less than 30 minutes to unbox and assemble.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                      I love my 590. The only thing I modified was added some High Temp felt tape to the lid as I noticed some smoke coming out from the lid and the pit.

https://www.amazon.com/Fireblack-smo.../dp/B00TAJW0QE
                      I did the same thing . It came in the mail yesterday and will put on today.

Comment

For the triple the price, it better come assembled!

Comment

After getting a pellet grill I think the first response anyone has is why did I wait so long to get this. They are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                            For the triple the price, it better come assembled!

Triple the price? Let’s compare comparable size grills.

Rec Tec 700 has 1054 square inches of cooking surface and appears to be about $1500 on average from my quick research. Also only appears to have a temp range from 200-500°.

P&S Maverick 1250 has 1250 sq inches of cooking surface. Temp range 180-600°. With added wifi module runs about $2500.

I don’t know the specs regarding thickness of metal on the Rec Tec but I do know the body of the P&S is 7 & 10 gauge steel and the roll top lid is 10-12 gauge stainless.

Also IMO once seasoned, a carbon steel smoker produces better meat and a better bark similar to a stick burner.

So nowhere near 3x the cost but you are getting a more premium smoker IMO. With the larger temperature range it is also more versatile.

If there is one thing I think they need to improve upon its their app. It’s is lacking compared to some others. But that is a luxury, not a necessity and I’ve had no problems monitoring and adjusting my cooking with it remotely.

I’m sure the Rec Tec is a good grill, I just believe the Pitts and Spitts is on another level and worth the premium price.

Comment

Little smile
                              Attached Files

Comment

Triple the price? Let’s compare comparable size grills.

Rec Tec 700 has 1054 square inches of cooking surface and appears to be about $1500 on average from my quick research. Also only appears to have a temp range from 200-500°.

P&S Maverick 1250 has 1250 sq inches of cooking surface. Temp range 180-600°. With added wifi module runs about $2500.

I don’t know the specs regarding thickness of metal on the Rec Tec but I do know the body of the P&S is 7 & 10 gauge steel and the roll top lid is 10-12 gauge stainless.

Also IMO once seasoned, a carbon steel smoker produces better meat and a better bark similar to a stick burner.

So nowhere near 3x the cost but you are getting a more premium smoker IMO. With the larger temperature range it is also more versatile.

If there is one thing I think they need to improve upon its their app. It’s is lacking compared to some others. But that is a luxury, not a necessity and I’ve had no problems monitoring and adjusting my cooking with it remotely.

I’m sure the Rec Tec is a good grill, I just believe the Pitts and Spitts is on another level and worth the premium price.

My GMG was 1/6th the price of your P&S and works great.

Comment

Working...
                                X