Brisket - PSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I was born in Ft Worth, I thought Mrs Bairds was the only bread in existence until I was 20.
    San Antonio it’s butter krust
    Fried pies
    Cinnamon roll
    Ect
    Attached Files

Comment

Smoked the one I bought last week today! Turned out pretty decent.

Comment

Just went to sams, they had plenty of brisket, got a prime for 41 bucks

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
          Nope. But I bet they're not throwing out half of the meat.

Just stop already.. We are hunters and most don't need to buy meat at the store.

It will become a panic thread when we run out of beer.
          I've been to HEB twice this week, NO brisket and NO lone star beer either trip.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
            I've been to HEB twice this week, NO brisket and NO lone star beer either trip.
            No beer? Now that sir is an issue

Comment

If there was no meat in any store on the planet, my family would still have meat. Then again, I was raised knowing where meat comes from and how to get some.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                If there was no meat in any store on the planet, my family would still have meat. Then again, I was raised knowing where meat comes from and how to get some.
                Do tell...you must be the only one here who has cracked this magical code...

Comment

On the bright side, the used freezer market is gonna be hoppin in 6 months to a year. Mine is roughly 15 or so years old and starting to worry me so I'll be looking for them deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    Do tell...you must be the only one here who has cracked this magical code...
                    Do you go out of your way, or does it come naturally?

Comment

Veggie burgers are pretty good. I have been eating them for over a year now. Texture is different and it dosn't taste like meat but with all the fixens it makes for a great and healthy burger during these tough times. (my favorite are Dr. Praeger's brand in the frozen section of any grocery store).

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                        No, it's not. The supply chain, HEB, Kroger, etc., has a significant amount of meat already frozen and ready. As much as 6 months worth at times, sitting in freezers waiting to be shipped to stores. They will run those stores down during this time when they are taking in less but won't run out. If the 50%, which is a number I have not seen anywhere btw, processing were to last forever then yes, eventually we would see the meat counters run out. But we are talking about weeks in most cases and at most a couple months before production goes back to normal.

The shortages at the meat aisle will be from people panicking and buying more than they normally would. Like everything in any store stocking is based on average sales. If average sales goes up then what you have on hand runs low and the chain takes time to back fill.
                        I visited with my nephew a few days ago via texting since he works for a company that processes about 4,000 hd/day. He told me that they were operating at about 65%. He sent me some data that he had access to. Current kill rate for cattle is 420K to -450K per week. Normal is about 670K. So it looks like their plant is right in line with the national average.

What most don't understand is the complexity of our meat supply and where the beef goes. Sure , there is the slaughterhouse to big retailer portion. But think about about how much meat goes to restaurants and "institutions" . Cafeterias, armed forces , school lunch programs, jails, etc. etc.

But anyway, the big concern that I have is the backlog in fed cattle that are ready for slaughter, but will have to wait their turn. From the numbers above, that is about 220K head per week until the plants can up their slaughter rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Veggie burgers are pretty good. I have been eating them for over a year now. Texture is different and it dosn't taste like meat but with all the fixens it makes for a great and healthy burger during these tough times. (my favorite are Dr. Praeger's brand in the frozen section of any grocery store).

That’s......

That’s......

That ain’t even right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                            You're a brave man, man!

Comment

Was in the Walmart in Cedar Park today and they had plenty of briskets and beef as well. They did have limits though.

Comment

Veggie burgers ain't happening and you can only get so much from a veggie. I prefer to eat stuff that eats veggies.

Comment

Working...
                                X