• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayB View Post
    Hit the Perot Museum downtown Dallas.

.....and God Bless America.
    Solid suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
      Don't listen to the "warnings"...... 15 min north should be fine. There has been a lot of changes in the past 5-10 years that these people may not be aware of.
      Dallas is on track to have the highest murder rate in more than a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        I was hoping for something like this in an air conditioned venue.

In Houston I would say Holocaust Museum.....
        I'm thinking there was just a story on the news this week about a holocaust museum opening in Dallas?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          Don't listen to the "warnings"...... 15 min north should be fine. There has been a lot of changes in the past 5-10 years that these people may not be aware of.
          X2

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Technically Uptown is within 15 minutes of Fair Park. Just don't be in Fair Park after dark. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Technically Uptown is within 15 minutes of Fair Park. Just don't be in Fair Park after dark. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              As is Oaklawn........drinks,are free, very friendly guys there.....

Comment

There are really nice places within 15 min of Fair Park, don't worry about that.

5 min from Fair Park on Peak St. there's a place called Taco Joint: Go one morning have the early bird enchiladas. You wont regret it. (PS Jalapeno Ranch)

At the corner of Main and Good Latimer is a cool little place called Punch Bowl Social Club good food, drinks and lots of activities for family or a bunch of guys (ping pong, shuffleboard, dart, etc)

Perot Museum is really cool and the 6th Floor Museum (JFK) is one of my favorite places to take clients.

Frontiers of Flight Museum is also really cool. 15 min away

But a must see is the George W Bush Presidential library @ 75 and University

Really Cool Gun and Outdoors store called Ray's Hardware & Sporting goods located on Singleton and the Beretta Store at Mockingbird Village

Dinner or Lunch try Desperadoes on Greenville Ave @ Lovers Ln. (Order Desperado Tacos: Deep Fried Chicken Fajita Tacos... Amazing)

My office is just north of Fair Park, Have fun enjoy the area, lots of cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                  An airbnb close to fair park ??????
                  Kind of what I was thinking!

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post
                  An airbnb close to fair park??? Heres a tip......don't die!!

BUT if you do get shot or stabbed, they’ll bring you to my hospital so you’ll be in the best hands!

Comment

Helpful Tip: Parking will be 1. Expensive (20.00 - 25.00 per day) 2. Still a good walk from parking spot to the fair gate

Go to Mockingbird Station, which is probably really close to your AirB&B, Hop on a DART Green Line South Train and it'll take you to the front door for around 3.00

And just an FYI you can CC at the Fair just no open carry

Comment

Originally posted by TXPredatorMafia View Post
                      Helpful Tip: Parking will be 1. Expensive (20.00 - 25.00 per day) 2. Still a good walk from parking spot to the fair gate

Go to Mockingbird Station, which is probably really close to your AirB&B, Hop on a DART Green Line South Train and it'll take you to the front door for around 3.00

And just an FYI you can CC at the Fair just no open carry
                      Excellent advice

Comment

Drive a lil farther up on 75 to mockingbird lane. Turn right, go about a 1/2 mile and on the right is the Egyptian restaurant. Otherwise called Campisis. Best Italian food in Dallas and a lot of history. Ask to be seated in the back, Red Room.

Campisi's Restaurants on Mockingbird | 5610 E Mockingbird Ln, Dallas, TX 75206 | Dine In | Pick-Up | Delivery | Full Bar | In 1946, our great grandparents

Comment

15 minutes from Fair Park could be Preston Hollow...

Sometimes I wonder who all ever leaves their house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            15 minutes from Fair Park could be Preston Hollow...

Sometimes I wonder who all ever leaves their house.

Nah, he originally said "close to Fair Park" then later said 15 minutes north. Different world

Comment

Still not that **** far!

Does it take a genius to figure out that you don’t Airbnb IN Fair Park?

Comment

Not an out of towner, they may not know. I wouldn't know anything about a Houston airbnb

Comment

Working...
                                X