Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

normal terms for oil and gas lease

what are the normal terms
    a bonus consideration of $____ per net mineral acre, a royalty of ____, on a three year paid-up lease
    ____year lease

They are offering up $3,500 per acre and 25% interest here.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
      a bonus consideration of $____ per net mineral acre, a royalty of ____, on a three year paid-up lease
      ____year lease
      There is alot of variation depending on where you are.

Comment

Brazoria county

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
          ____year lease
          There’s now way to tell because it totallg depends on area, where you are in the field, who’s doing the leasing, your leverage (mineral acres/surface/trying to complete a unit) etc. Go talk to your local O&G lawyer. I’m an attorney, and even I hire a friend who’s a board certified O&G attorney to handle it. He has tons more insight to current market conditions and knows which buttons to push to get the best deal for you.

Comment

Definitely hire an attorney. I'm a geologist and I always dread when mineral owners get an attorney involved but it's really in your best interest.

Comment

Get with Wes on here. He goes by The Crippler. He has helped me when buying land & O/G stuff was present.

Comment

Lawyer up for sure. The O&G people will completely screw you if you’re not knowledgeable. I’ve seen land owners who didn’t have a clue get awful deals, but I’ve also seen land owners who didn’t own royalties get paid really well. Even get small percentages of royalties when they make the correct deal with the O&G companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never, never, never and again never take a working interest. Always go with royalty and ***x amount of dollars per acre. Always get a drilling commitment as to time for wells to be drilled (60, 90, 120 days between wells until property is drilled up per acres for each well spacing) along with time for completions per well.

Comment

Working...
                  X