Hunting in the wind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting in the wind

The next couple days are forecasted for heavy winds, I’ve never had much luck hunting on really windy days. What are y’all’s thoughts

Over 20mph I don't go out...

Comment

In west TX if its blowing less than 30 deer will move. Even with some 40+ gust

Can keep your behind puckered in a tower blind...

ac

Comment

Better to be in the stand on a windy day than sitting home on the couch - Old indian saying.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Better to be in the stand on a windy day than sitting home on the couch - Old indian saying.
          Yup!

Comment

Hunted last night and saw a yearling buck, 2 does and a fawn. This morning I got skunked at a different spot. If you have a spot that is sheltered from the wind might be good this weekend

Comment

I like some wind but not 30 mph.. if It was my only chance I'd go ..

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
                better to be in the stand on a windy day than sitting home on the couch - old indian saying.
                100%

Comment

In East Texas I won’t go, Central and West I’m in. It’s what your deer are use to. Rain is the same way, it doesn’t bother East Texas deer, but Central and West, they are not as used to it. I would generally go anyway because when the rain stopped the deer would pop out.

Comment

If you can get down in a bottom with hills goin up out of it it can offer some shelter and a chance. I agree with better to be out there than at home.

Comment

i would sit all day, deer seem to move more throughout the day when fronts blow through.

Comment

I just pulled my cards and was surprised that the heavy wind has had no ill effect on my deers feeding patterns in Polk county. Feeding all through the day yesterday as well.

Comment

I like how it covers my being noisy. I like steady. Gusty seems to swirl too much.

Comment

Good nap weather. Put the climber in the tree & get up there a ways & just let the wind rock you to sleep.

I’ll be out there for sure. About to head out in about 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X