Fredericksburg, my turn asking for advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fredericksburg, my turn asking for advice

hey yall, it's my turn to make a Fredericksburg post. my wife and i are heading down there on Nov. 4th. She's already got restaurants, wineries, and shopping picked out and has been haranguing me for days to pick out something to do. and apparently "i don't know, this was your idea" is not the right answer.

i really only have one thing picked out and it's the pacific war museum. other than that i don't think i'm a match for Fredericksburg because i don't drink alcohol. i do find the process of making it interesting though, and i think the wife has us signed up for a tour of a vinyard.

anyway, i did do my due diligence and did several searches on TBH before making this post. does anyone know of any fishing spots nearby? or maybe some decent public hunting land?

thanks in advance.

Give yourself plenty of time for the museum. It’s awesome and it’s a lot bigger than it looks.

Comment

Sunset Grill (pretty sure that’s the name!) for breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by sorryhunter View Post
        Sunset Grill (pretty sure that’s the name!) for breakfast.
        This ^^ going south out of town on Hwy 16. Also don't miss out on a great burger at Alamo Springs Café. Enchanted Rock is pretty cool.

Comment

To stop and read EVERYTHING in the War Museum, it will take a minimum of 2 days! Ask me how i know!

Comment

War museum (I think it’s Admiral Nimitz) is neat place. If you like history you can spend a day there. He’s a home town boy. Luchenbach is worth the trip if you just want to see a where everybody is somebody.

Comment

Just follow along behind your wife while carrying Fifi like the rest of the husbands. Man card not required

Comment

I feel sorry for you bud, I can’t stand that winery crap.

Just follow behind her and surf TBH all day long, it’ll make the day go buy quicker

Comment

Book an Axis hunt.

Comment

Enchanted Rock a must

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Near the cutoff for the Old Tunnel State Park bat watching. You might check into it. https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild...d-tunnel.phtml

Comment

Alamo Springs for classic grease ball burger! Old German Bakery for breakfast and lunch! Stay at My Country Inn (the 200 acre ranch). I think it’s north on Llano street Call now though!

Comment

Best thing about the Nimitz museum….
                          It’s a 24 hour ticket (or it was when I went)
                          I took five or six hours the first day, then went back when it opened the following day for another four or five and just picked up where I left off.
                          As already mentioned, some great stuff in there for the Ww2 buff, and read everything, don’t just walk thru it.
                          I also sat in on a presentation by a vet at the PT boat, (like what jfk commanded).
                          Some really neat artifacts/exhibits….

I second hiking to the top of enchanted rock…..very cool park, but everyone also likes it, and it fills up and closes due to capacity a lot.

Eat some German food while there. Plenty of places to choose from, I like auslanders….

Comment

Hike Enchanted rock for sure.

The Bats are neat but I think they kind of die down towards early September

Luckenbach is just right down the road that is a neat pit stop. Check and see what bands will be playing when you are there.

Food. Lots of great food.

Evening drives to look at the wildlife is always fun too.

Comment

Visit Texas Jacks Old Western Store and Gun Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X