Is it totaled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it totaled?

My son was in a wreck yesterday. A girl turned in front of him from the left lane trying to go into a shopping center. He was in the right lane. From the pic he sent me, it could go either way. Totaled or not. His vehicle is the 2014 Ford Explorer. Crazy thing is, the airbag light came on in the dash, but the bags did not deploy.

CJ's car.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0301.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	25260234
    The girls car.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0300.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	25260235

I don't think it is going to be totaled

Comment

Does not look totaled

Comment

I'd be there is $10k in damage there. Frame also may be bent based on front wheel being pushed back. What is it worth?

Not to mention, if it has the Takata airbag, that may be an added expense.

I assume your son is okay? Peopl epull that same manuver down here, cut across multiple lanes because 1 car stopped to let them through.
        Last edited by WItoTX; 09-23-2021, 09:01 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Have him ask his insurance company.

Comment

Better call Maaco.

Comment

We have a witness that has it on dashcam video showing the girl at fault. PO said she has 3 outstanding traffic tickets and no drivers license. But she did have insurance.

Comment

If the air bags didn’t deploy it probably won’t be a total , in a normal market it would have been
                Be bullish on what they pay you if they do total it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There are mechanisms in the seat belt assemblies that lock the seat belts in the event of a wreck. These, when activated, will trigger a check engine light and are almost as costly to replace as air bags are.

Right now, a LOT of cars are being totaled by insurance companies just because parts to fix them are not available. So that plays a BIG part in whether or not it will be a total loss.

Comment

I agree with 91cavgt the parts may be the biggest issue in fixing or totaling vehicle.

Comment

Hope your son is okay.

We dealt with this back in May/June. I think a lot of it comes down to the adjuster and how much effort they want to put into it. We used an approved body shop so the Insurance just did what the body shop told them.

The non-existent parts market is what ended up totaling my wifes car.

The bigger nightmare was finding something else to purchase once it was totaled.

Comment

I'm going with totaled.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Call the " Strong Arm " !

Comment

How are people guessing as to the value of the vehicle without knowing how many miles are on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                              How are people guessing as to the value of the vehicle without knowing how many miles are on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Being that it's a 2014 Explorer the value isn't real high even if it's low miles.. I'd be inclined to say totaled because of the dammage stretches down the whole side, enough impact to pop the tire might have tagged some suspension in the process, and as has been mentioned its probably new enough the airbags and seat belt sensors might need attention.

Comment

Working...
                              X