Optics Planet rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optics Planet rant

I purchased a Nightforce scope and some Hawkins rings from Optics Planet.
    My order was put on hold because the shipping address was different than my billing address. ( I wanted them shipped to my office)

I called 3 times to resolve the situation and was told twice that the orde would be shipped. After 4 days and 3 attempts to get it resolved, I cancelled the order.

I am DONE with Optics Planet. Never again.

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
    I purchased a Nightforce scope and some Hawkins rings from Optics Planet.
    My order was put on hold because the shipping address was different than my billing address. ( I wanted them shipped to my office)

I called 3 times to resolve the situation and was told twice that the orde would be shipped. After 4 days and 3 attempts to get it resolved, I cancelled the order.

I am DONE with Optics Planet. Never again.
    I ordered a new sight from them a few weeks ago which included free shipping and verified that before hitting the purchase button. When I got my confirmation email they had added on shipping to the tune of about $30. I had to call and get them to remove it. I wondered if this was just some sort of unique glitch that happened or if it was happening across the board.

Comment

Ordered a item that showed in stock a few days later I get a email that it’s on back order for 3 months. Canceled the order immediately.

Comment

I’ve just never had any problems at all with them !

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post
          Ordered a item that showed in stock a few days later I get a email that it’s on back order for 3 months. Canceled the order immediately.
          Their system will let you put a backordered item in your cart and pay for it before you are informed it is not available.

I always let my customers know an items is on backorder and the approximate ETA. If they decide to order no payment is required until the item ships

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            Their system will let you put a backordered item in your cart and pay for it before you are informed it is not available.

I always let my customers know an items is on backorder and the approximate ETA. If they decide to order no payment is required until the item ships

I’ve ordered with you before, smooth order and price was right. Thanks once again.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post

This drives me absolutely nuts about OP!! Likely won’t do business with them again as a result.

Comment

I have had 2 boxes of 6.5 grendel on backorder since December 2020...

Comment

Optics planets is an awful place of business.

Comment

Efff those guys. Don’t waste your time or money on those cons

Comment

Originally posted by STX_Shooter View Post

Had the same thing happen to me, but I didn’t immediately cancel the order. Got an email a couple of days later that said the items were out of stock but expected to be in stock within 20 days so I waited. 20 days later nothing so I went to the website and now it said it was going to be 4 more weeks. So I waited again. After a month I got no email so I went online to check. Now it stated expected in stock date to be an additional month so then I canceled the order.

This was my 2nd order from them. My first order went really smooth. I’m not going to be buying anything from them anymore.

Comment

I guess I’ve been lucky. I have ordered from them several times and never had any problems.

Comment

Optics Planet is a joke. Fool me once.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                            Optics Planet is a joke. Fool me once.....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                            Yep. Ordered a red dot from them a few years back. Since they didn't have it in stock they sent one that they thought might be close enough. Won't deal with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              I’ve just never had any problems at all with them !
                              Same, and I been using them weekly for yrs.
                              100s & 100s of packages and never a single issue.
                              Maybe I'm just lucky

Comment

Working...
                              X