No announcement yet.

Covid and back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid is rough on the kidneys. Drink lots of water and cranberry.

Comment

I just assumed the back pain was from lying around. Wife had it last week…I started running fever yesterday evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had it back in Jan 2021, my back killed me for 5 days,

God Bless
        Bish

Comment

Yea had the back pain also but it wasn't to bad for me.

Comment

Today has been a little bit better. I do agree that getting up and walking around helps. I unfortunately have double edged sword though, I have two bad knees (first is scheduled for surgery February 28) and my gait is not really conducive to being easy on the back. I am hoping that I turned the corner though and that tomorrow is even better.

Comment

Back pain is pretty common with Covid. Its just your immune system fighting off the virus. Your immune system becomes inflamed causing pain. Why the back? Who knows.

Comment

When I had it, I had a bad siatica flare up. Not sure if it was related. It went down hill from there. Ended up with a herniated disc.

Comment

Just went through Covid deal last week. I had significant lower back pain on a Monday and Tuesday all day. Like so painful, if I would simply touch the skin, the pain was intense.

Sore throat then started Tuesday night and then positive on Thursday.

Comment

I had Covid during the first wave of it. I have had major back and neck surgeries.

The back and neck pain was the worst I have ever had with this strange disease. It decided it was/did settle into the places where my surgeries were at and it was some of the worst pain I have ever had in my lifetime.

It took me about 10 days to finally come around from it and the Doc refused to give me anything to help me and insisted I go to the ER. I took what I could to try and ease the pain and just stuck it out.

There was no runny nose etc just the baddest back pain and sever fatigue for me with Covid. Best of luck.

Comment

Had Covid starting December 17. I know because I watch my heart rate a lot, and it was through the roof when it typically is at 70-80% max HR during a certain workout. I also had pain near my liver (Had liver issues before), which in the only reason I got tested.

My HR is still higher than it should be, and my sleep is jacked up. Covid just hangs around for some folks. Just like a cold.

I would never have gotten tested but for my liver issues.

Comment

On day 3 of the severe back pain now. Any tips on how to get some relief? Nothing I’ve tried has worked

Comment

Mid back pain for a week now. Its terrible!

Comment

I had lower back pain as well, really weird. It went away with covid though, I'm sure yours will as well.

Comment

Yes and it sucks. It is going to intensify anything like that you already had going on like any inflammation or issues you may have had etc... If you had a lower back issue already it will intensify it. Rotate 6 hours doses of Tylenol and ibuprofen. Don't take this as the gospel because I am not 100% sure but I believe you can take the 6 hours doses of each and rotate a dose every 3 hours. Like take a 6 hour dose of ibuprofen then in 3 hours take the 6 hours dose of Tylenol then in 3 hours Ibuprofen etc... That way you are taking a dose every 3 hours. Ice not heat on the back.
                              Last edited by DuramaxDude; 01-10-2022, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I hate taking medicine but I had some 800mg ibuprofen (I think) and doc gave me some muscle relaxers. That and Ice. I only took the muscle relaxer before bed twice. They didn't help a whole lot and I would wake up completely soaked in sweat. To the point I would try to move and everything stuck to me like I got sprayed with a hose.

Comment

Working...
                                X