No announcement yet.

Live from James Daughtrey WMA Jan 4-7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small 8 just came out less than 15 yards from me and then mini spooked and jumped back into the brush. I can still see him walking around in there.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
        Congrats brokeno on the standby!
        Ditto. They picked a good one

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Glad you’re seeing some animals! Keep after them!

Comment

Sounds like Brokeno is making a change to compartment 4. Guy that was in it had to leave for work reasons. They shot a 130 in 4 earlier this year and a big buck was wounded during the archery hunt last week.

Comment

I hunted #4 several years ago. It was a target rich enviroment! Saw my first shooter buck within 15 minutes of being there.

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                Sounds like Brokeno is making a change to compartment 4. Guy that was in it had to leave for work reasons. They shot a 130 in 4 earlier this year and a big buck was wounded during the archery hunt last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                  That's a good move IMO.

Hate the fog but keep after it, you're on a great place where a shooter can turn up any minute.

Comment

8 point just strolled through and grabbed a little corn. Couldn’t tell if he broke both brow tines or they were just really short. Don’t get much time to judge deer where I’m at as you can only see their head when they pick it up due to the grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by Rounder; 01-06-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

I had to take care of a few work issues so stepped out for a bit but re-corned before I left. Also pulled my trail cam card on my way out just to see if anything went by it this morning. The corn was cleaned up when I passed it on the way in this morning.

Comment

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing what you get out of there

Comment

Lookin like you ought to start feeling this cooler north wind around 3 or 4 this afternoon. Hopefully gets the big boys on their feet.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/DaughtreyWM...91170787570040

I assume this is the duel horn beam everyone was talking about?

Comment

That's the one. He posed for me at 250-300 yards for 3 of 4 sits on last year's management hunt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Another 8 point was shot this morning….don’t know exact score but heard around 120.

North breeze is nice but it’s still almost 80 degrees.

Just does and a coyote on my trail camera so probably sticking it out where I am……just need the right deer to step out.

Comment

Working...
                                X