No announcement yet.

The great and mighty Carolina Reaper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always figured you for a nut job... spicy food wrecks me. No thanks!

Comment

A friend grows a lot of peppers and makes his own salsa. The hottest that I have eaten was some that he made with Trinidad Scorpion peppers. I don’t know how tame the salsa makes it but it was pretty darn hot. A few coworkers put about an eighth or a quarter of a teaspoon on a chip and did not go back for seconds. I ate half the jar. That salsa was extremely tasty but definitely had some kick.

Comment

I worked in Trinidad and they had something in the box meals they called Mother-In-Law, if I opened my lunch and saw that I would just trash it and go hungry that day…unimaginably hot.

Comment

I dont get the eating something just because its hot deal. I love jalapenos, but, i like the flavor. Eating some dehydrated piece of cardboard thats gonna burn your azz just because you can doesnt make sense to me.

Comment

^
            Why?

Comment

Tradman, I ate at TLC on Lake Ray Hubbard a few months back. They had a meal called the Spicy Mutha Clucka. I love spicy food. Not much phases me. That meal almost did me in. Literally the hottest thing I've ate.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                I dont get the eating something just because its hot deal. I love jalapenos, but, i like the flavor. Eating some dehydrated piece of cardboard thats gonna burn your azz just because you can doesnt make sense to me.

I enjoy several of the extreme heat peppers, they each have their own distinct flavor. This was my first chance to have an actual reaper. I enjoy the flavor of ghost peppers and scorpions, but I don’t like any of the scorpion based hot sauces that I have tried. Heat to me is like salt to many, it’s just something I put on food! I’m sure others agree, but I know some people don’t have the same pallet as I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I make my own sauce from Datil peppers. Best tasting peppers out there. Google them. I ordered some seeds and grew my own. Try them. They are hot, but the taste is incredible.

Comment

We grow them at work along with several other super hots. I don’t eat them but enjoy watching others.

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                      I make my own sauce from Datil peppers. Best tasting peppers out there. Google them. I ordered some seeds and grew my own. Try them. They are hot, but the taste is incredible.

I will have to look them up! I’ve always been a hot sauce guy just because of the lack of availability of fresh peppers. I guess I need to figure out how to successfully grow some for my own consumption

Comment

Well Tradman , how’s it going you still on fire ?

Comment

Originally posted by Deano5x View Post
                          Well Tradman , how’s it going you still on fire ?

He's freezing milk into quarter sized cubes....

Comment

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
                            I’ll add these to our pepper list. My husband likes growing peppers, and making sauce. He likes reapers, but I don’t particularly care for the flavor. We both enjoy spicy and hot, so these should be fun to try

Comment

I’m all good! Finished the 7 that came in that packet and received a care package yesterday from a a TBHer who sent me a big bow of pods. The Chocolate Naga peppers are more intense than the reapers I had. Not as “hot” but the oil coats your mouth and lingers longer than the reapers do. I have another bag on order and will FaceTime anyone who wants to watch sweat for a couple of minutes! Lol.

Comment

I am going to get the seeds out of the reapers he sent me so I can work on growing my own, so I still can’t speak to how hot a fresh Carolina Reaper is. But these dried peppers I received are intense yes, but I definitely don’t react like the internet videos you can watch

Comment

Working...
                                X