No announcement yet.

Crate motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rebuilt the motor that is currently in the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 2000 Chevy 2500 had 244,000 miles and 2 lifters went bad. We talked to our mechanic and he said we could piece meal it but when he opened it up he thought he'd find a slew of other problems - seals, rings, gaskets, etc. He recommended a crate motor, so that's the route we went. When he pulled the old motor, he discovered all of the motor mounts were cracked, so was the flywheel, and there was a crack in the radiator.

In the end, it was cheaper to go with a crate motor, hands down. Otherwise, those other problems would not have been detected until later and it would have been more expensive to replace them.

The truck rides amazingly smooth and is very quiet now. I'm been extremely happy.

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
        I’ve used Jasper and Gm crate rebuilt motors. Both are great deals. Look into the best warranty. Gm used to be 3 yrs or 50,000 if installed by a ase certified tech. If something happened to it you could go to any gm dealership for repair.
        Jasper is 3yrs or 100,000.

Comment

I don’t mean to hyjack your thread but maybe this question will help you too.

CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A PLACE TO HAVE MY MOTOR REBUILT NEAR HOUSTON?

Comment

When y'all say Jasper's, are y'all talking about this place: https://www.jasperengines.com/find-an-installer

Comment

Pretty good deal here for complete long block with 3 yr, 100,000 mile warranty

Buy quality 4.8 liter GMC, Chevrolet engine right here at Fraser Engines. Our factory spec, remanufactured engines includes a 3-year unlimited mile warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Post #9.

Comment

Thunderbolt has been in business 84 years.

We put the ______________! Back into your motor and transmission! Thunderbolt Engines & Transmissions proudly serves the Houston area!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    Thunderbolt has been in business 84 years.

https://www.tbolt.net/

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Post #9.
                      Thanks

Comment

Went through this with my sons truck a few months ago with a blown engine. It was either over pay for a used truck or go with a new engine. We opted for a Jasper engine that my mechanic recommended.

Comment

If you want to do a rebuild, I got to Calvert Performance Engines, in Denton.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

If you’re looking for a good shop to do the R&R, I recommend Mario’s. Thunderbolt is right down the road…

We are a family owned and operated Houston auto repair facility. Our shop prides ourselves in offering great personalized services at affordable prices.

Comment

What am I missing?

Bad lifter should be able to be fixed with a new cam and lifter set and maybe a valve job but should. Or require a full rebuild.

Comment

I had to replace my engine last month. Mechanic went with a jasper replacement and installed with a 3 year 100k warranty was 6k. Chevy 2006 5.3
                                I’m very happy

Comment

Working...
                                X