tp@wd closing oyster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
    CCA looks out for the fishing guides more than the recreational fisherman.
    pretty broad statement right there. Care to give examples?

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
      pretty broad statement right there. Care to give examples?
      Sure. I can’t remember of any guides that I talked to that were against the move from a 10 fish limit down to 5 a couple of years ago. CCA was all for it too.

Texas Parks & Wildlife is accepting public comment on extending the five-fish daily bag limit for speckled trout to Upper Coast

Comment

Originally posted by Feathershredder View Post
        They need to issue more private leases. The public/ open bay reefs are a free for all - Exploitation of South Dollar Reef - YouTube
        I had seen it bad at Hannah’s Reef years ago but nothing like this. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

It's past time to put restrictions & raise the license fees ALOT on commercial harvest for public resources. Just too much pressure on a limited resource.
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 12-16-2021, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Feathershredder View Post
            They need to issue more private leases. The public/ open bay reefs are a free for all -
            That would provide an incentive to conserve. Now it's a classic case of an economic concept known as "The Tragedy of the Commons"

Comment

Sure. I can’t remember of any guides that I talked to that were against the move from a 10 fish limit down to 5 a couple of years ago. CCA was all for it too.

https://texasoutdoordigest.com/blog/...ive-coastwide/
              That's your lone example? Okay, because you can put me in the same category as the guides, I ain't one, and I am good with the 5 fish limit. So are a lot of non-guides. Besides, from what I know, CCA is not exactly pro-commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                It's past time to put restrictions & raise the license fees ALOT on commercial harvest for public resources. Just too much pressure on a limited resource.
                I concur completely.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                  The red snapper cartel should not be able to buy and sell quota
                  Licenses , that fishery is crazy wacky lopsided to commercial quotas

Comment

https://texasoutdoordigest.com/blog/...ive-coastwide/

You know why guides aren’t against lower limits? Easier to fill limits for customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      That's your lone example? Okay, because you can put me in the same category as the guides, I ain't one, and I am good with the 5 fish limit. So are a lot of non-guides. Besides, from what I know, CCA is not exactly pro-commercial.
                      I agree with you on CCA being against commercial fisherman but they listen to guides more than the recreational fishermen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                        You know why guides aren’t against lower limits? Easier to fill limits for customers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Or maybe a healthy fishery is in their best interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                            I tend to go with this reason.

Comment

The ethical guides are all for this!

Comment

For someone who grew up fishing the Bays of Brazoria county in the 80's as I did, and the difference I see between then and now, I say a healthy fishery needs to be in everyone's best interest.... It is a far cry from what it was in the good old days...

Comment

Working...
                                X