Dallas Safari Club ????'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Safari Club ????'s

So is the annual convention worth going to or is it mainly set up for hunters that are more financially blessed than I am. Are the outfitters in full force or is it mainly vendors of merchandise that I probably not going to be interested in? A buddy said he would like to go so I told him I would ask the experts that have experienced it in the past and get back to him. How many days does it take to do it justice? We are not really interested in any International hunting trips but mostly Canada and North America hunts.

It’s one of the coolest hunting things I’ve ever been too. It’s worth it to just walk around but as far as hunts/ merchandise it’s pretty high dollar and geared more for wealthy people. Not to say you couldn’t find a hunt in your budget if you ask around though.

Comment

I haven’t been to one in years but always enjoyed going. It’s definitely a rich mans event but there might be something there within your budget. As far as how long does it take, I was always done “ shopping” within a few hours. I go to boat shows even if I’m not in the market. I don’t think you would regret the overall experience.
      Last edited by Gumbo Man; 12-03-2021, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Worth it just to walk around and see the taxidermy. A day should do unless you spend a fair chunk of time talking to outfitters.

Comment

It's always a fun time. Lots of cool things to see. Parking is the worst part of the show. I always buy tickets online so we don't have to wait in line and we take an uber or cab when possible.

Comment

Can you make a "deal" in the online auction?

Comment

It is a great show and you will need a full day (two if you are stopping and talking to outfitters) to walk the floor.

I hate that ATA is at the same time, so I will miss DSC.

Comment

So another question. Is the one in Las Vegas, SCI. is it basically the same or would it be more for the run of the mill hunter

Comment

If you’ve never seen it, then you’ll probably enjoy it. I’ve been several times and no longer enjoy walking on a hard surface all day so I’ve attended my last. If you want to hunt Iowa whitetails go find a booth from Tails of the Hunt (not misspelled) and tell them to kiss my uh…….backside ! Thoroughly crooked SOB who will screw you in a hearbeat.

If you pass by the double rifles (that I can’t afford and have no use for) please caress a couple for me and tell them……well, this a family site. All foolishness aside it is an enjoyable place to spend a Saturday or a weekend.

The part about Tails of the Hunt wasn’t foolishness, it was real.

Comment

Hands down the best around. Outfitters from all over the world, phenomenal taxidermy, guns, hunting vehicle conversions, gear and some of the finest “scenery”. Convention center is massive so it’s not overly crowded.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sounds like I will have fun. The Mrs. will probably require me to leave my checkbook at home.

Comment

I attend DSC , SCl and HSC most years. More of a visit with friends for me but I always check out outfitters and love the energy. I don't completely agree with with "no hunts for common" hunters. There are always folks doing budget conscious trips if you poke around. Yes, get there at opening and 1 full day should be plenty.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          I attend DSC , SCl and HSC most years. More of a visit with friends for me but I always check out outfitters and love the energy. I don't completely agree with with "no hunts for common" hunters. There are always folks doing budget conscious trips if you poke around. Yes, get there at opening and 1 full day should be plenty.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                          Thanks, maybe we can meet up if you are there. Plan on being there Day 1.

Comment

Definitely go during the week if you can as its less crowed. Just spoke to some friends from South Africa yesterday and they are scrambling to figure out the flight ban issues so this should be interesting as the month progresses.

Comment

My wife and I enjoy going. Lots of outfitters there from all over the world. We always have a lot of fun. Plenty of vendors to buy from as well. We just booked a trip to Vegas to check out the SCI show as well. Have not been to it before so looking forward to a fun weekend. I enjoy the conventions and think everyone should go at least once just to check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X