No announcement yet.

What is the right thing to do here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cash, The gun would mean a lot more to him. Something he may can pass down later on in life.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      You sound more frugal than him. If he’s done that much for you then he deserves a good gun.

Get him a nice .22 with a scope. Sight in the gun, and take him hunting.
      ^^^ this right here.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Marlin model 60. Not too expensive and not a piece of junk.
        My exact thought

Comment

After you give him the rifle, do a little gun safety with him. Sometimes the sharpest crayons in the box aren’t the safest people outdoors.

Comment

Buy him a nice .22 and a couple bricks of ammo. Take him out shooting/plinking. A friend like him is invaluable.

Comment

Buy him a gun and it will mean more to both of y'all. New I would go Mossberg 702 pinkster. If you don't mind buying used I would go Ruger 10/22 or marlin 60 and never look back. I have both and if my house was on fire and I could only take one gun it's the 10/22
              Attached Files

Comment

Ruger 10/22

Comment

I would go buy him the plain blued henry lever action 22. Fantastic guns and really arent too expensive. That would last him a lifetime no doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

What is the right thing to do here?

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    You sound more frugal than him. If he’s done that much for you then he deserves a good gun.

Get him a nice .22 with a scope. Sight in the gun, and take him hunting.

Yup…. Ruger 10/22. 22s are too cheap to go the cheaper route. Since you are buying, his wanting a cheaper one shouldn’t matter anymore anyway. Buy him a quality accurate 10/22, throw a scope on it and don’t tell him it’s more than the pennies he would have spent. He doesn’t need to know what it cost.
                    Last edited by Smart; 10-24-2021, 05:54 AM.

Comment

If he has done everything for you that you said he had why go cheap? Sounds like he’s saved you much more money over the years than you’ll spend on a .22. If I’m gonna give someone a gift , I give them something I would like to receive myself.

Comment

Perfect opportunity to show him what his friendship has meant to you.

Comment

Set him up for success.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
                            Up until recently, Ruger 10/22s we’re about $200. Gift him one.
                            This, because if he goes out and buys a cheap one that will not function properly after a few shots, and cannot hit the side of the barn, he will not want to participate soon afterwards.

Comment

Ruger 10/22……reliable, accurate & affordable. I have quite a few guns and my 10/22 easily sees more action than all the others.

Comment

I was always so jealous of my cousins 10/22’s with “banana clips” when we were kids. So many fun memories with those and a brick of ammo.
                                I know a guy who’s given a few people guns that he claims to have “won” in raffles when pride may have been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                                X