No announcement yet.

This is why ranching sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy reading someone’s business plan with cattle ranching and farming. Dealing with weather will destroy the best of the business plans. Then you have to deal with did they conceive or not and didn’t you lose a cow this year. Droughts and those loses are never included in the business plans. But it is always something enjoyable to do. Lot of work for a little bit of extra money

Comment

Sorry about the previous post. Didn’t read the one above

Don’t get frustrated. It’s your dad and mom and the are getting old. Take a step back and try to enjoy them while you have them

Comment

Sounds to me that it’s time to sell the palace. They are two old to work it and your to spoiled. Problem solved!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow-Tek View Post
          Sounds to me that it’s time to sell the palace. They are two old to work it and your to spoiled. Problem solved!
          You don't read, or you aren't to smart, are you buddy

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
            You don't read, or you aren't to smart, are you buddy
            Not very smart but I do read buddy!

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
              Sorry about the previous post. Didn’t read the one above

Don’t get frustrated. It’s your dad and mom and the are getting old. Take a step back and try to enjoy them while you have them
              Thanks for the words. I enjoy them, as much as I can, especially my father. Been working with/for him since I was 5. Tried to do the same thing with my son.

Thanks for reading that long post. This thread evolved from ranching frustrations to family frustrations. Maybe it will help someone else, going through something similar.

Us old guys have some knowledge. TBH let's us spread it.

Comment

I didn’t know 75 acres was considered a ranch.

I guess my 10 acres is considered a ranchette.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                  I didn’t know 75 acres was considered a ranch.

I guess my 10 acres is considered a ranchette.
                  Where did you learn to read? Dumb fu-stan? I never said our ranch was 75 acres.

75 acres of dedicated hay fields are just part of what we run.
                  Your ten acres is not a ranchette, it is just GHEY, like you.
                  Last edited by planomustang; 08-20-2021, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Your dad sounds exactly like my father-in-law with the hoarding and stubbornness. He is 76 and isn't moving as fast as he thinks he can. He got ran over in a corral when we were working cattle this summer and nearly trampled while he was knocked out. Luckily I was able to drag him to the chute before getting stomped and he only ended up getting a shattered collarbone. When you ranch and run cattle all your life I reckon it's hard to admit you really can't do it anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X