Honda Pioneer 700 or Can-Am HD8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda Pioneer 700 or Can-Am HD8

Which is better? Pro's and cons of each.

I know where to buy a Can-Am but where's a good place to buy a Honda?

They about the same quality?

Comment

Don’t know about the Can-Am, but if you are willing to drive for a Honda, check out Brookhaven Honda in MS. Worth the drive due to the savings.

Comment

X2 on Brookhaven Honda. I saved a big chunk of money there. Enough that I upgraded to a 1000-5. Something to keep in mind is the 700 although a good machine does not have a true low range like the 1000

Comment

How much did you pay for the 1000-5?

Can-Am has a place nearby that can work on it. Plus the bed looks bigger (I haul lots of things around ranch). Reasons I was looking at Cam-Am possibly.

I know Hondas are good as I have a 700 already.

Comment

The reliability of the Honda’s is hard to beat, but I’d definitely go Can-Am over the Pioneer. My buddy that hunts with me has one, and it is a DUSTY ride. Also, the back seat is more of a child’s seat IMO, not intended for average sized full grown adults. The bed on the Pioneer is really small as well. We have to pull our little 5x8 ranch trailer behind it if we want to haul more than a couple sacks of feed. I’ll most likely be purchasing a Can-Am or Mule Pro FXT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Owned both. Sold my pioneer to buy the defender.
              The honda is a tank. Solid and works great.
              The defender is nice. Like a cadillac.
              Today, if i had to chose btwn the 2, I pick the CanAm all day long. Its faster, stronger and quiter.

Comment

In 2020 we purchased a Honda Pioneer 700 R4. Usually when I purchase something I have a little buyer’s remorse but not this time. This is our first UTV or ATV, we’ve been doing all work by hand. We use it at the property mostly for work but also use it for fun. Best all round purchase. The 700 has plenty of power for what we need. It’s a two seater while working but a 4 seater for the family. This weekend we hauled sections of a cut down tree off fed the deer and this evening took it down the road to look at other property. 0 complaints!

Comment

Originally posted by Boar Stalker View Post
                  In 2020 we purchased a Honda Pioneer 700 R4. Usually when I purchase something I have a little buyer’s remorse but not this time. This is our first UTV or ATV, we’ve been doing all work by hand. We use it at the property mostly for work but also use it for fun. Best all round purchase. The 700 has plenty of power for what we need. It’s a two seater while working but a 4 seater for the family. This weekend we hauled sections of a cut down tree off fed the deer and this evening took it down the road to look at other property. 0 complaints!
                  We also installed a bed extender. Great purchase!

Comment

Any places that sell can am cheaper like the place in ms that sells Honda?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Don’t know about the Can-Am, but if you are willing to drive for a Honda, check out Brookhaven Honda in MS. Worth the drive due to the savings.
                      That where I bought my 700-2 in 2014. Zero complaints on the Honda. At that time the choices were between the Polaris Ranger and the Honda. The Honda has an automotive type auto transmission versus the belt drive in the Ranger,

Regardless of which you choose, if you use in the winter get a windshield. It gets pretty frosty with the cold air right on you.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                        Any places that sell can am cheaper like the place in ms that sells Honda?
                        talk to Justin at Lufkin Power Sports

Comment

What's they payload on a Honda? I can put 14 bags of corn in the bed of my Defender and have no issues.

Comment

Working...
                          X