F250 Gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 Gears

Couldn’t find old thread which suggested rear end gears for F250 gasser. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If you go with the 7.3 gasser, I suggest the 4.30 rear end. That is what I did and am very happy with it.

Comment

When I had my f250 I had 373 gears. If your asking about a good manufacturer of gears……I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most gas ones with the 6.2 have 3.73 and the needle in the haystack is the 4.30s. The f-250s with the 7.3 have 3.55 or 4.30 with the tremor package. I have a 2020 f250 with a 6.2 and the 3.73 and it tows well for a gasser. Now if you want to go with bigger tires like a 35 inches or more I would definitely recommend the 4.30.

Comment

I'm fairly certain we have 3.55s in our 7.3 gasser. Runs like a scalded ape and tows everything I've put on it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok, thinking of building anew F250, probably the 6.2. I have a ‘16 model, 6 speed and was never pleased with its towing. Don’t pull much weight but it constantly is hunting gears, even when locking out 6th. Maybe the 10 speed will make the difference.

Comment

2019 F250 6.2 4.30 gears here. If you tow, go with the 4.30s. Buy once, cry once.

Comment

Our 2019 F250 has 3:73s. Our RV is right at 10,000# wiith a little over 1,000 tongue weight. No issues pulling the load, just can’t pass up to many gas stations pulling. 8.5 - 11 towing it. Just saying..... cC

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
                  Our 2019 F250 has 3:73s. Our RV is right at 10,000# wiith a little over 1,000 tongue weight. No issues pulling the load, just can’t pass up to many gas stations pulling. 8.5 - 11 towing it. Just saying..... cC
                  Don’t worry. My 17’ 6.7 won’t get any better mileage towing. If I even whisper the word trailer to it I drop to 10.5-11. With any decent weight behind it I’ll be at 9-10 quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                    Don’t worry. My 17’ 6.7 won’t get any better mileage towing. If I even whisper the word trailer to it I drop to 10.5-11. With any decent weight behind it I’ll be at 9-10 quickly.
                    Same here with my 19'.

Comment

Plenty of power with the 6.2 . Just think it’s my gearing. Want to cut down on the constant downshifts. So, maybe my answer is the new 10 speed.

Comment

If it was me I’d run the 4.30 without question. The 10 speed will make it more enjoyable, but I THINK it’s only available with the 7.3 and 6.7. I don’t think you can get it with the 6.2.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                          If it was me I’d run the 4.30 without question. The 10 speed will make it more enjoyable, but I THINK it’s only available with the 7.3 and 6.7. I don’t think you can get it with the 6.2.

I’m interested to see what my 2022 will get stock with the 6.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
                            Ok, thinking of building anew F250, probably the 6.2. I have a ‘16 model, 6 speed and was never pleased with its towing. Don’t pull much weight but it constantly is hunting gears, even when locking out 6th. Maybe the 10 speed will make the difference.
                            Cant get the 6.2 with the 10 speed.

Comment

When they came out with the 10 speed I read it would be available on the 6.2 as a special order.
                              Maybe they’ve changed their mind since then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X