SE Iowa Food Plots Seeded Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SE Iowa Food Plots Seeded Today

It seems like September 1st is always when I finally get seed on the ground. I got my food plots sprayed a couple of weeks ago. My wife had surgery on her foot last week and we had a couple of follow up Dr. appointments. I worked all day Monday doing some prep work. I missed a 2" rain Monday night into Tuesday morning.[emoji3525] It was too muddy to work yesterday.

I got most all the seed broadcast today and drug a harrow over the plots. I have a little more plot work to do tomorrow. We have rain forecast for Friday and Saturday. I am hoping the forecast is correct.

Watch this short video.

https://youtu.be/mpzBdG36ijQ

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice

Comment

You’re a little ahead of me, like three weeks to a month. I have to try to dodge the army worms ! Nice looking highway they have going through your plot.

Comment

Great seed company. Won’t be long now.

Comment

Living the Dream!

Comment

Comment

Great work! Can’t wait to get them in myself! The time is almost upon us!

Comment

We got some good rain this morning for about two hours.

Comment

very nice work! please keep us updated on the progress

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    We got some good rain this morning for about two hours.

I just moved to Texas from muscatine co. Where do you hunt in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by prodigyoutdoors View Post
                      I just moved to Texas from muscatine co. Where do you hunt in Texas?
                      I don't hunt Texas any longer. We have lived here in SE Iowa since 2018. We love it down here in our crick bottom. The deer hunting might not be quite like depicted on the TV hunting shows, but with that being said, it is pretty dang awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        I don't hunt Texas any longer. We have lived here in SE Iowa since 2018. We love it down here in our crick bottom. The deer hunting might not be quite like depicted on the TV hunting shows, but with that being said, it is pretty dang awesome.

I agree, but I shot some big bucks

Comment

Two week update. We have had .01" of rain since I broadcast seeds on September 1st. My plots are coming up, but we need rain. I broadcast fertilizer today. We had 40% chance of afternoon thunderstorms, but the line of storms split and missed up. We have another chance on Monday.

Watch the video and subscribe to my You Tube channel for food plot, hunting, and farm videos.

https://youtu.be/kvCynL_MWrQ

Comment

Finally got a little rain night before last !!! This should help. I had just over seeded with about 100 lbs of cereal rye right before the and spread 200 lbs of MAP and Potash a couple of days before.

Comment

Glad you got some rain, we need it too ! I mowed my plots last week and was gonna spray them Saturday but had a spray rig malfunction and the folks who make it weren’t open where I could get parts. Finally got all of them sprayed today, here at home and on the lease. Hoping for some rain in the forecast…..

Comment

Working...
                              X