Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRT triggers ..ATF ruling them machine guns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRT triggers ..ATF ruling them machine guns.

overnight felons! the ATF strikes again!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-J_dRm9keA"]The ATF Has Declared A Trigger Is A Machine Gun & Thousands Are Now Felons - YouTube[/ame]

What's and FRT Trigger?

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

I'm a little surprised they thought they could get away with an FRT to be honest.

Comment

Glad I didn't buy one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
          I'm a little surprised they thought they could get away with an FRT to be honest.
          Why? It's not a machine gun by definition. They did tons of research and due diligence before bringing it to market. This is simply the ATF attempting to act as a dead end legislative body. The only people breaking the law here are the ATF. If we follow their line of reasoning, your index finger and every semi-auto weapon out there are machine guns.

I'm just glad to finally see a company with balls. Seems they were prepared for this and want to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            What's and FRT Trigger?

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes
            copied from another thread where they were discussed a month or so ago...

FRT = forced reset trigger. as long as you are applying pressure to the trigger, it will reset and fire again until you quit applying pressure. loophole into the definition of a "machine gun" because the forced trigger reset means it only fires once per trigger pull and the reset causes your finger to go back forward to cause another pull of the trigger before firing.

seems to be toeing the line pretty hard and likely has some toes hanging over that will get chopped off.

be interested to see if the average guy could only fire it once without accidently double tapping every time. binary triggers (fires when pulled and fires when released) have an extra notch on the safety selector to put it in binary mode. these appear to use the standard 2 position safety.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

FRT = forced reset trigger. as long as you are applying pressure to the trigger, it will reset and fire again until you quit applying pressure. loophole into the definition of a "machine gun" because the forced trigger reset means it only fires once per trigger pull and the reset causes your finger to go back forward to cause another pull of the trigger before firing.

seems to be toeing the line pretty hard and likely has some toes hanging over that will get chopped off.

be interested to see if the average guy could only fire it once without accidently double tapping every time. binary triggers (fires when pulled and fires when released) have an extra notch on the safety selector to put it in binary mode. these appear to use the standard 2 position safety.
              [emoji1303]
              Thank you.

I was thinking it was Fast Reset Trigger.
              Than I thought of the Binary Trigger and initially thought they were the same just different initials.
              I understand how a binary trigger works so that lead to my confusion on being a Machine Gun per NFA definition.

Thank you again @duckmanep

R. Sibbes

Comment

i've been getting emails every day to order one ... i made their mailing list somehow.

I don't have real use for one ... kind of innovative in a way even though the design is flawed and one of the springs in the mechanism seems to give pretty quickly due to geometry issues. don't know if they addressed it or not.

i was given a binary trigger some time back , i didn't like it .. it was too heavy for precision shots ... i thought it would be cool on pigs to double tap them , but i just couldn't get good results .. so i gave it back .. this one as a forced reset might actually work better, but i've heard they too are like 5lbs ..

nowadays i spend more time looking where my brass lands instead of where my shots go ..

i wonder if this one will end up at the supreme court ..

50000 felons roaming the streets till then...

Comment

Here is the link with RB’s response to the alphabet boys.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BangBang View Post
                    Here is the link with RB’s response to the alphabet boys.
                    https://theinfidel.co/blogs/news/rar...ase-and-desist
                    Well! That's interesting, going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I am going to guess the feds show up with a couple of armys, raid the lawyer's office and Rare Breed at the same time. They and the rest of the government need to be reeled in and put back in line.

Comment

Just a quick reminder for anyone that needs one, and I cannot stress this enough, **** the entire BATFE.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post

I had one until I lost it in a boating accident. You can put it in single fire just the same as any other trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                          Just a quick reminder for anyone that needs one, and I cannot stress this enough, **** the entire BATFE.
                          I cannot think of a sentence I agree with more than this one today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                            I had one until I lost it in a boating accident. You can put it in single fire just the same as any other trigger.
                            Was the initial trigger pull on the FRT more like a CMC/Timney type of trigger pull or more like a milspec type of trigger pull?

I'd been considering one of these FRT's or a Binary trigger to play around with at the range before all of this ATF business came along...

Comment

Originally posted by wade _s View Post
                              Was the initial trigger pull on the FRT more like a CMC/Timney type of trigger pull or more like a milspec type of trigger pull?

I'd been considering one of these FRT's or a Binary trigger to play around with at the range before all of this ATF business came along...
                              Somewhere in the middle. Not as nice IMO as a cmc but way better than a crappy milspec.

Comment

Working...
                              X