Flying with takedown recurve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flying with takedown recurve.

I’m flying to northern Wisconsin the second week of September for opening archery season. Who’s flows with their takedown bows here before? I’m assuming I can have my takedown bows cased in my carry on luggage and arrows and broadheads in checked baggage. I’d prefer not to chance having them lost or damaged with all the idiots messing with baggage nowadays. I’ve had knives stolen and guns and cases tampered with when flying to and from Alaska.

Gracias

My three piece fits in my suitcase surrounded by clothing.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

My issue is that my long arrows don't fit in my suitcase! Apparently there are downsides to a 32" draw.

Comment

Check with your airline but I doubt they’ll let you take it in your carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have flown all over with Trad bows. You have to have it all in checked luggage. No part of the bow can go in carry on. I just pack my bows in a soft takedown case and then put them in my checked luggage, along with my arrows, broadheads, and everything else.

And I always say a prayer that it will end up where I am going at the same time I get there!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good info, though that might be the case…

Comment

Working...
            X