Colorado NM ski in ski out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado NM ski in ski out

Need some recommendations. We want something new this year, we have skied Monarch out of Salida Co, Angel Fire NM, Breckenridge, Co, looking for kid friendly with lessons for them and won’t break the bank. Thanks for the help.

We typically go to Crested Butte, but have also been to Steamboat, Telluride, Angel Fire, and Wolf Creek. Crested Butte is best bang for buck and great for our kids. We stay at the San Moritz condos. They’re older but have ski in/ski out so that makes it convenient, without being super pricey. Telluride last year cost me double what CB cost me this year. Telluride is probably my favorite place to go, and the ski school was 2nd to none, but it’s not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try Copper Mountain or Keystone. However any Summit Mountain resort will break your bank and have long lift lines. If you don't need a bigger resort Red River is an awesome experience.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Winter Park is a very family friendly ski area. Then, if you are more advanced you can ski the Mary Jane side of the mountain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Keystone is pretty sweet. When we went kids skied for free, but that was 8-9 years ago.
          Steamboat is my favorite for Colorado.

Comment

Keystone as others said. We liked the fact that there was food and groceries close.

We went to Purgatory in March. Kids skied free but I think when we looked it was the same at many resorts. The lessons were a mess because they were just opening them up from Covid and changing rules. It was a good mountain for the kids. Not a lot of food options unless you went back to Durango which was 45-60 minutes.

One tip - if you don't have helmets, buy them before you go. They cost more to rent then buy.

Comment

As far as kid (or beginner) friendly goes, Red River NM is pretty good. Not ridiculous on prices and its a few hours closer to Texas than most places in CO if you're driving.

And it used to be in the ol Republic of Texas, so I'd like to think that with every Texan ski trip up there, we're one step closer to re-acquiring it!

Comment

If you choose Red River there is a lodge called Copper King which has a lift right next to it. Very reasonable rates. They have 2 bed lodge with full kitchen if you like doing your own meals. Kids can feed the mule deer there by hand.

Comment

Breckinridge literally has condos on the base, we came to a slow stop right in front of the condo if I remember correctly. Also, IIRC, a Breck ticket gets you into Keystone and Copper Mountain too. It’s been about 10 years or so since I went. And Breck is HUGE, it’s like 2 Angelfires all together with cross crossing lifts, it’s insane when you see it. Enjoy your trip!

Comment

Working...
                  X