Duracor Herbicide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duracor Herbicide

Saw the other weed control thread and it reminded me, I received info from my extension agent last week about a new product "Duracor". anybody else? Just curious.New herbicide Duracor.pdf

Supposed to be similar to GrazoNext but without any 2-4,D in it. I’m a little concerned that it may not be strong enough but I’ve not put any out yet to look at.

Comment

I went to a field day last summer. While I am a little skeptical and prefer the old standbys, ( esp. 2.4-D and picloram) I was impressed with the test plots. What is really unusual is that it can be mixed with dry fertilizer and will be taken up through the roots. Or it can be sprayed in a convential manner. It is good to see some new herbicides available. ( although I probably never really did much with GrazonNext).

Comment

Good info, thanks!

Comment

I’d like to see som side by side results with it against P+D and Next. It’s hard to beat P+d for general pasture spraying and spot treatment of mccartney rose. I just sprayed 300 acres with p+d to get a jump on cockleburs, black eye susans and curly doc. Sprayed 200 more acres under the pecan trees with Next. Ive never noticed any Ill effects of the trees using p+d under them but the Next doesn’t seem to volatize as bad and burn the lower leaves on any of the trees. I will not use it in open pasture. I think P+d is better for that and a little cheaper I wish there was something that had a longer residual. 2 months maybe. To help control the early onset croton that will be coming up in May. Maybe Corteva products will keep coming out with some new stuff

Comment

Working...
          X