No announcement yet.

Anyone else seeing hummingbirds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a constant free for all on our front porch and the gazebo in the back yard the past few days. More than ever before.

Comment

2 feeders out, half a dozen or so. Ruby Throated is all we ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
        Wife said we are still covered up. She sent me a few pics this morning. I’m guessing this cold front will push most of them out.

I’ve never seen one as light colored as the one on the left in this picture.

That’s a great feeder pic of these cool little guys.

Comment

We have a few. Not as many as last year.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTh4yaY9OLs"]Hummingbirds - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Still have 3-4 at our feeder. Wonder if the cold front will push them farther south tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
              We have a few. Not as many as last year.

Hummingbirds - YouTube

It was like that non-stop all weekend at our feeders too... Little suckers are mesmerizing to watch!!

Comment

We still have them buzzing around the house . The wife says she’s going to stop putting the feeders out soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                  We still have them buzzing around the house . The wife says she’s going to stop putting the feeders out soon.

They've got 3-4 more weeks before they should be gone, so you'd be good to keep 'em out/filled for a bit longer...

Comment

They were late showing up. Had as many as 5 at a time for the last month or two.

Comment

I have a friend at Rockport that told me he had over 100 hummingbirds at his feeder at one time fighting for position!

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post

That’s an old wives tale…not saying your wife is old, but the idea that feeders keep them from migrating is a myth. Keep the feeders out, they’ll leave when they need to.

Comment

We are covered up in Orange, Texas. When Ida came ashore, we went from 5-7 to 16 in a day, now we are close to 25ish around the feeders. I am filling 4 feeders every other day with a 4/1 homemade sugar solution.

Comment

I have had more the last few weeks than I have had all year. They are draining my two feeders quickly

Comment

Had a dozen this morning
                              Drinking 10 cups every two days.
                              But I am fascinated with them

Comment

We have 4 large feeders out, they come through are place every year now for the past 5 years, fill feeders at least 3 times a day about 12 cups. I would say there is 30-50 here, always fun to watch.

God Bless
                                Bish

Comment

Working...
                                X