No announcement yet.

Best way to keep tires from going flat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Years ago, Discount used to sell these small bags of graphite that they would put in the tire during mounting. When a thorn punctured the tire the graphite would seal the hole. Was cheap but haven’t seen it offered in years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillwhacker View Post
      Years ago, Discount used to sell these small bags of graphite that they would put in the tire during mounting. When a thorn punctured the tire the graphite would seal the hole. Was cheap but haven’t seen it offered in years.

Yep that stuff was great, but liability and environmental stuff killed that...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        There is no better product for off-road tires and preventing flats than heavy duty Multi-Seal. PERIOD! It's pricey, but it works. There are 3 or 4 different grades. Get the heavy duty and you'll be set. I have 20" BFT AT's on my ranch truck. I put 1/2 gallon in each tire. ZERO FLATS and I run in South Texas Brush Country... Before that, I was on the Rio Grande for years. Same truck had a brand new set of AT's on it when I took it to the ranch... IN 8,000 miles, the tread was all but gone because of all the rocks and climbing... ZERO FLATS...
        I tried slime in my ATV... Had a flat the very first time off the trailer on the same place... Cleaned out the tires, put in Multi-Seal... ZERO FLATS since (3 years)...

In my experience, Multi-seal is definitely the best tire sealant made.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve never heard of multi seal before. Any of y’all using it in your tractor tires?

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
            I’ve never heard of multi seal before. Any of y’all using it in your tractor tires?

Yessir. Got 2.5 gallons in the rear and 1 gallon in each front tire... 57 HP JD.

If you buy a 5 gallon bucket also buy their pump to put it in the tires. You don't even need to deflate the tractor tires... Just rotate the tire so that the valve stem is above mid line of the tire, then remove the valve core, attach the pump hose and start pumping. The pump they sell for the 5 gallon bucket will overcome the tire pressure in the tractor tires so no real need to even block the tractor up to keep the tires from going flat. Works like a champ.

Comment

I haven't heard of multi-seal before either. Found Flat Out by Multi Seal on Amazon "FlatOut 99908 Tire Sealant (Sportsman Formula), Great for ATVs, UTVs/Side-by-Sides, Golf Carts, Dirt Bikes, Off-Road-Only Jeeps and More, 32-Ounce, 4-Pack".

Is this the stuff?

Comment

Is this the stuff you guys are talking about?

And are you using the
                Armour 3500
                or the
                Pro HD 2500
                Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                Last edited by rolylane6; 09-20-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Graphite works great, you can buy powdered graphite at your local ag dealer in a 1 lb bottle, or order on amazon. I use 1/2 to 1 lb per tire, trailer tires, UTV tires, 4 wheeler tires etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                    Graphite works great, you can buy powdered graphite at your local ag dealer in a 1 lb bottle, or order on amazon. I use 1/2 to 1 lb per tire, trailer tires, UTV tires, 4 wheeler tires etc.
                    This is a new one, a powder will seal up holes? In your experience, what’s the biggest hole that the graphite has plugged?

Comment

Working...
                    X