No announcement yet.

Direct Tv Loyalty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just cut the cord, It's going to save me $100 a month. That will pay for my deer lease!

Comment

Not Direct TV related, but I just cut the cable. I'm going to Youtube TV. I'm going to save 70/month. I did up my internet speed from 250-500mbps so that kept $20 off the table I could have saved.

I feel so much better. The comments here about Youtube TV helped me do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
        Not Direct TV related, but I just cut the cable. I'm going to Youtube TV. I'm going to save 70/month. I did up my internet speed from 250-500mbps so that kept $20 off the table I could have saved.

I feel so much better. The comments here about Youtube TV helped me do it.
        Also went with Youtube. We also have Prime, Netflix and Hulu. Still saving a bunch.

Comment

Name dropping here.
          Since my station, finally reached an agreement with Roku. I cut the cable..
          Now, I can see my own station. MainStreetTV
          All family, 100%. how cool is that ?
          Saved me $100 a month.
          I have AT&T internet, and land line. So far, it's been fine. I haven't noticed
          any throttle back. Trust me, I'd know. Cause, my Station's hard drive,
          would be sending me alerts.

Comment

So you dump Cable or Uverse, get an internet only provider, and then sign up You tube TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney etc?

Then while at the lease you use your phone hotspot to sign in with You Tube TV , Amazon, to get your TV? get the football games?

Is that it?
            Who do you like for internet service?

Comment

Glad to see this OP pop back up. We have been Spectrum customers for years but it's clear there is NO loyalty and the prices go up every year. Our monthly price has gone up to $245 with internet and Showtime/HBO premiums!! Trying to decide on Hulu or YouTube now. Another problem is internet providers as Spectrum is fast and so far reliable but they just increased our internet cost from $50 to $75 a month?! We live down in a "hole" at the lake so internet is a big deal as some providers won't give a constant strong signal.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                Glad to see this OP pop back up. We have been Spectrum customers for years but it's clear there is NO loyalty and the prices go up every year. Our monthly price has gone up to $245 with internet and Showtime/HBO premiums!! Trying to decide on Hulu or YouTube now. Another problem is internet providers as Spectrum is fast and so far reliable but they just increased our internet cost from $50 to $75 a month?! We live down in a "hole" at the lake so internet is a big deal as some providers won't give a constant strong signal.

I have Hulu live and really like it however it won’t allow you to stream on a TV outside your zip code. You can still watch on your phone. YouTube TV does allow you to stream. I am switching to YouTube. My buddy has YouTube TB and It worked perfectly at the lease this weekend at the lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dropped DTV back in May. Price kept going up with no improved service.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave W View Post
                    So you dump Cable or Uverse, get an internet only provider, and then sign up You tube TV, Amazon Prime, Netflix, Disney etc?

Then while at the lease you use your phone hotspot to sign in with You Tube TV , Amazon, to get your TV? get the football games?

Is that it?
                    Who do you like for internet service?
                    I only have Amazon prime and YouTube tv. I don't count Amazon as a streaming service as I got it for the shopping.

I have GVTC cable in Bulverde. With fiber to the house it has always been scorching fast and stable.

I'll use my Verizon plan while traveling. My kids can also use the YouTube tv at college.

Comment

I asked because I can not use internet for movies

Every internet option available to me has bandwidth limits.
                      I might get 3 or 4 movies, then I would be throttled.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                        I asked because I can not use internet for movies

Every internet option available to me has bandwidth limits.

I might get 3 or 4 movies, then I would be throttled.
                        Check out StarLink and see if it's available in your area yet. Won't have any issues streaming and no data caps.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I wouldn't sign up for DirecTV again if they offered the Platinum Bombdiggity package for free for life. They'd devise some way to screw me.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                            My Direct TV bill slowly crept up to $96/month, and we very rarely watch TV. I called to cancel, and the lady offered to drop my bill back to $50/month (which is what it was 4 years ago when we left Suddenlink and got D TV). I’m not under any kind of contract and still will probably cancel it, but I figured I’d give it a month or two.

I have Viasat internet which isn’t great, so I’m not sure I can use the streaming options y’all have mentioned.
                            We just canceled Viasat, it was horrible especially for $170/ month! They tried everything to keep us paying for nothing but frustration! The last one that called back, I shut her down immediately and said Nope, don’t want to hear it, we are DONE!

We use our Hot spot but we only get 1 bar of service so it gets quite frustrating! We canned Dish network after 18 yrs 2 yrs ago , went to Dish and canned them last year !

We have our family with Grandchildren that visit often so I’m afraid that we are going to have to bite the boolit on DT or Dish!

Comment

Originally posted by JackRyan View Post
                              Check out StarLink and see if it's available in your area yet. Won't have any issues streaming and no data caps.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
                              No streaming issues would be awesome but what about the satellite black outs?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                                We just canceled Viasat, it was horrible especially for $170/ month! They tried everything to keep us paying for nothing but frustration! The last one that called back, I shut her down immediately and said Nope, don’t want to hear it, we are DONE!

We use our Hot spot but we only get 1 bar of service so it gets quite frustrating! We canned Dish network after 18 yrs 2 yrs ago , went to Dish and canned them last year !

We have our family with Grandchildren that visit often so I’m afraid that we are going to have to bite the boolit on DT or Dish!
                                Get YouTube tv. $65 a month. Plenty of stuff for kids to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X