Scynovial sarcoma Update - my dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scynovial sarcoma Update - my dad

After several rounds of chemo the tumor went down 36%. That chemo was damaging his heart so they switched it. The new chemo after 4 rounds , did nothing. On August 17 they did surgery. It was unknown what they were going to find but had hopes of just taking the tumor and a small part of his left lung. During surgery they found his heart had more damage then expected from the tumor resting against it. The doctors removed the whole left lung. During surgery he had heart complications and his blood pressure dropped. Due to that he was put in some meds to draw blood to his Brian and heart which in turn caused it to pull away from his extremities, kidneys and liver. He is currently in ICU. He woke up Friday (over 2.5 weeks later) and was able to recognize and communicate with me. That was my day to sit with him. I asked him questions and he answers with blinks and head nods. He was confused but was able to answer me. The blood flow to his feet is really bad and he is on a constant kidney dialysis machine. When he got out of surgery he was on 19 iv drips , currently he has 4. He is also in a vent machine but his lung function is good. We thought he was improving until his heart went back into a fib last night and dialysis machine got a clot in it. He is a fighter and was in good shape over all. The lung cancer came out of no where , he smoked for a year or two in his younger days but grew up in Groves , Texas . Nothing but refineries so maybe that’s the cause , who knows. If you could please keep him , Steve Savoy , in your prayers and thoughts. We haven’t had the best relationship but the last five years we have been inseparable. My wife is getting induced Tuesday and it will be several days until I get to see him again. Due to Covid only one person a day can go up there. Not one at a time , just one a day so when we do go up there we stay 8am-8pm.
    Again please keep him in your prayers.
    Mike Savoy

May God bless him and keep him strong.

Comment

That's a rough ordeal he's going through and rough for you as well. I'll pray for you and your dad.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Prayers up for him and your family.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Have a coworker whose dad went through the same thing years ago. You'd never know it now.

Sucker even shrugged off covid after a few days. Everyone was extremely worried when he contracted it due to 1 lung then compromised immune from all the treatments.

Miracles happen.

Comment

Prayers up for your dad

Comment

Sorry for what y’all are going through. Prayers for your family.

Comment

Prayers for dad Steve.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Dang Mike, that's rough...prayers for your Dad & family.

<><

Comment

Prayers up for y’all, Mike!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Prayers for you all.
                            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Praying. Good luck, & God bless y'all

Comment

Working...
                              X