Riser so I can fit kennels over wheel wells

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riser so I can fit kennels over wheel wells

I have two big dogs. My two gunner kennels don’t fit between the wheel wells in my tundra. I need a riser for under the kennels or something so they are above the wheel wells. Would like it to be easily removable. Any ideas?

Would the plastic crates used to transport pen raised birds work? I have some I can measure if you think they might.

Comment

In my buddy's Dodge we built a platform.
      Took 3 2x12' laid them on there side screwed ply wood on top.
      Cut width of the gate. We cut the length to be touching tailgate when it's closed.
      Notched each end of the 2x12 on the bottom to fit a 2x4. Than covered in outdoor carpet.

Next we set the kennels on roughly where we wanted them. Next we took some small u bolts and drilled them through the floor. They plan was that they drop down and sit flat on the carpet when not being used. We used a ratchet strap over top each kennel. Each end was attached a ubolt.

He didn't have any tie downs in the bed. He did on his Ford.
      We built another one for that. Only Chang we made was to add an eye bolt to the rear of the 2x12 and used a turnbuckle to secure platform to the bed. We couldn't figure out how to use a turnbuckle on the front so we didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
        Would the plastic crates used to transport pen raised birds work? I have some I can measure if you think they might.
        I don’t know what those are? If you think they might work I’d be interested

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
          In my buddy's Dodge we built a platform.
          Took 3 2x12' laid them on there side screwed ply wood on top.
          Cut width of the gate. We cut the length to be touching tailgate when it's closed.
          Notched each end of the 2x12 on the bottom to fit a 2x4. Than covered in outdoor carpet.

Next we set the kennels on roughly where we wanted them. Next we took some small u bolts and drilled them through the floor. They plan was that they drop down and sit flat on the carpet when not being used. We used a ratchet strap over top each kennel. Each end was attached a ubolt.

He didn't have any tie downs in the bed. He did on his Ford.
          We built another one for that. Only Chang we made was to add an eye bolt to the rear of the 2x12 and used a turnbuckle to secure platform to the bed. We couldn't figure out how to use a turnbuckle on the front so we didn't.
          That sounds like it weighed about a thousand pounds.

Comment

Get about three plastic milk crates, such as sold in the storage area at a home center. Lay them on their sides, so the open ends point toward the tailgate for storage of dogfood, bowls, shock collars or whatever. Just set the house on them. Maybe ratchet-strap the house down to prevent it from sliding around.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
              That sounds like it weighed about a thousand pounds.
              Not that I remember.

Comment

My bed liner has slots to lay 2x4's across the bed. One in front of the wheel well, one behind.

Comment

A decked system

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    A decked system

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                    Second the Decked System.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                      My bed liner has slots to lay 2x4's across the bed. One in front of the wheel well, one behind.
                      This. Then put a a piece of plywood on top of them. That is why they built those inserts i to your bed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        I don’t know what those are? If you think they might work I’d be interested
                        The LCS Plastic Coop 6 Cages for Quail and Chukar are easy to load and unload with a lift-up door on the top and a sliding door on one end to minimize escapes. This coop crate makes a great transportation crate for quail and chukar. This quail coop can be used for transporting birds in vehicles and on ATV's.

Comment

Working...
                        X