Shot Crete a pond?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
    Look at P.A.M. An outfitter friend uses it and said it will seal any pond. I have not used it but plan on trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is definitely cheaper. Looks like I need water to apply it. It has some mixed reviews but it might be worth a 6k investment to get it sealed and usable.

I've even looked at buying a used gunite machine to do a spray coat, then sell it when I'm done. I know we have some people pricing pools and building pools on here.

Anyone got an idea of what raw gunite cost? I know I'm stretching here but this pond has me twisted. Looking for out of box ideas. No wrong answers...

Comment

Just a thought we had a tank that leaked also, I dug on it packed it and couldn't get it to seal. I finally figured out an oak tree 50' away had a root thru the dam. A little dozer work and a lot of firewood later and it holds water great.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
        Look at P.A.M. An outfitter friend uses it and said it will seal any pond. I have not used it but plan on trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I talked to a company about this a while back but didn’t try it at the time.

What part of the state is your friend in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve always used benonite on all ponds and irrigation canals with great success, I’ve always disked in and packed down with heavy tractor or roller

Comment

What’s cost of scrapping up a new pond?

Comment

You need at least 1-2 ft of good clay. Mix in Benonite you shouldn’t have a leak

Comment

I'm watching this thread, I'm needing to add something to a smaller pond that I had dug

On a side note, anybody around Jim Wells county need clay, I've got a pile of it from another pond

Comment

Pond liners are often cheaper than bentonite.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
                    This is definitely cheaper. Looks like I need water to apply it. It has some mixed reviews but it might be worth a 6k investment to get it sealed and usable.

I've even looked at buying a used gunite machine to do a spray coat, then sell it when I'm done. I know we have some people pricing pools and building pools on here.

Anyone got an idea of what raw gunite cost? I know I'm stretching here but this pond has me twisted. Looking for out of box ideas. No wrong answers...
                    It would be cheaper to dig out 2 feet, bring in 2 feet of clay, then bentonite for that clay than it would be to do it yourself with gunite.

I also would be very weary of a used gunite truck unless you are a very, very good mechanic with a bunch of free time.

Comment

Originally posted by mrc View Post
                      Just a thought we had a tank that leaked also, I dug on it packed it and couldn't get it to seal. I finally figured out an oak tree 50' away had a root thru the dam. A little dozer work and a lot of firewood later and it holds water great.
                      There are some suspect trees. That thought did occur but I'm thinking it's the lack of soil to shell that's killing me. I'll keep this thought in my mind though as it could be contributing to the rapid loss the pond has.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                        What’s cost of scrapping up a new pond?
                        Pond has shared boundary. I talked to the neighbors about reconstruction and basically I can do whatever, cost is all on me though.

I'd kinda just like to breach it as an option. They dont want that though.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                          It would be cheaper to dig out 2 feet, bring in 2 feet of clay, then bentonite for that clay than it would be to do it yourself with gunite.

I also would be very weary of a used gunite truck unless you are a very, very good mechanic with a bunch of free time.
                          Copy that.

Might be time to have a onsite consultation by a expert.

Comment

Working...
                          X