No announcement yet.

Skinning knife ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the replaceable blades. I know there is an art form and skill to sharpening a fine edge but it sure is easy to just pop in a new blade when you're tired.

Comment

This is the best one I have found after using most of those listed above. I know it's hard to believe a chicken boning knife for skinning, but you would be amazed how well it works.

Victorinox Vent Boning Poultry Knife Stainless Blade And Orange Nylon Handle

Comment

Havalon or Equivalent

Sharpening knifes is for people that have too much time on their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Havlon or outdoor edge with replacement blades !
          They are like scalpels

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Sharpening knives is for people that know how to sharpen things

Fixed it for ya !

Comment

Gerber compact utility razor blade knife.
              Knife plus 100 laser sharp razors for under 50.
              I figure that's about 100 skint critters.
              Then I'll buy a new package

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Got one of these and it’s ok. I do like the Mora knives though. Lots of knife for $10. I have several of them in different lengths. Easy to sharpen and hold an edge pretty well too.
                I don’t use the blade side. Just the skinning blade. Took the hide off an elk in 5 min . And zero hair on the meat like you get cutting through the hair.. I use my case pocket knife for the other cuts..

Comment

Skinning knife ?

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                  Havlon or outdoor edge with replacement blades !
                  They are like scalpels

This! I have a lot of nice skinning knives but they all sit at home since I was introduced to the outdoor edge replacement blade knife. They are tough and razor sharp. I have the outdoor edge gut hook available but it’s more of convenience thing if I actually gut an animal these days .

Outdoor Edge RazorLite - Replaceable Blade Folding Hunting Knife with Rubberized Nonslip TPR Handle, 6-Blades and Nylon Belt Sheath (Orange) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHSM2FE...DZZPNC9CJW731R

My gut hook

Outdoor Edge ZipPro - Folding Gutting/Rescue Knife with 3.5" Blade for Hunting and Fishing with Orange G10/Stainless Steel handle and Pocket Clip for Quick, Easy Access https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IM1GON6...P9KQWRKZEQABVJ

And if you want them together there is the razor pro. I prefer the slimline version of the razor lite and the gut hook separate myself but some like the convenience of the pro.

Outdoor Edge RazorPro - Double Blade Folding Hunting Knife with Replaceable Razor Blade, Gutting Blade and Camo Nylon Sheath (Orange, 6 Blades) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IM1BGOI...5A7FFSJ7V4HRMH

Comment

Hard to beat a Rapala fillet knife cheap but works very well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been looking at all of the knives suggested and wow !!!
                      Some incredible info. Thanks to everyone that to a few minutes to answer. I will be Amazoning today !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                        I really like the Bubba Knives

https://www.bubba.com/knives/skinning/
                        I have the one with a Gut Hook. Don't make them any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Havalon here too! Plus a clean Sawzall blade for cutting bones.
                          I use a meat/Bone saw for year until I got a 20v Sawsall...Reminds me of a episode of CSI, "This is why God made a Sawzall"

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
                            $50 get you a Case trapper and keep both blades sharp
                            Still carry a Case Trapper. Never fails.

Comment

Moro knives X2

Comment

I would like to have a dollar for every deer, hog, big catfish, squirrel, coon and everthing else I have skinned or cleaned with a Case trapper or my old Buck 110. I still have my grandpa's old trapper knife and I'm 75 so the knife is close to that old give or take.

Comment

Working...
                                X