Confusing Regs: Bringing Meat home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
    also remember that in CO you have to leave the testicles on the hind quarters as proof of sex. For some reason a head with antlers doesn't constitute proof of sex up there.
    The sack is a great place to attach the carcass tag

Comment

Well, it sounds like I'm not alone on the confusion. Sounds like I need to just use common sense. I was planning to bring a saw and stop at a pressure washer to clean the brains and nose out.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
        Its a misprint. It means to say BONER meat. You gotta cut the tallywhacker off and keep it on the truck dash until you get home.
        Now that's some kind of funny.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          I bet you would get 10 different answers from 10 different game wardens. As long as bones, spinal tissue, and brain matter from CWD area are disposed of properly per the governing agency where the animal was killed I wouldn’t worry about it all that much. Every state is different, and there’s no way you can drive through multiple states carrying an animal you killed without breaking some rule or law, unless you take said animal to closest processor to kill site then they ship you the meat once it’s processed.
          This.

I'm pretty good at following the letter of the law. Last year I had a pretty intense "discussion" with a game warden over the course of several days about the CWD rules/interpretation. He "decided" to not give me a ticket (he was wrong). The whole thing is a mess and half of them don't understand why they're doing it. That boned out meat thing from Elk out of state is a crazy one, considering Elk are an exotic species here in TX it's akin to saying you can't have boned out axis or hog meat.
          Last edited by justletmein; 08-06-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X