No announcement yet.

Double Dave’s pizza rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DD rolls and stromboli are to die for. Couldn't even estimate the number of times we ate there in school. Hooked my daughter on them now too, gotta go by DDs whenever we visit her in Aggieland. But the worst part is the AYCE buffet is gone since covid!

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
      Yes, I think I have that perfected.

Step 1 - buy 6 dozen
      Step 2 - freeze
      Step 3 - reheat and enjoy

Other then that I will follow along as those things are delicious and I need a recipe as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Hehehe! I like the way you think, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I'm not familiar with Double Daves Pizza rolls, but if you like stromboli you need to try the one from Joe's Pasta & Pizza in Keller. It's unlike any I've ever had, it's HUGE, and it will knock out hangovers and induce naps unlike anything I've ever seen.

I wonder if it’s the same people as Big Joe’s in Euless… talk about some good Italian food.

Place was ran by real Italians from New York. I remember eating dinner one evening and a lady went to get a drink and the syrup was out or something. She goes up to the counter and tells that to the guy. He’s looking at her confused and in a thick New York accent:”so get something else! What do you want me to do about it?? If something is out get something else. Don’t bother me about it. I’m trying to make pizza here”.

My wife and I were dying laughing by the entire exchange.

Comment

My wife makes em, and they’re dang close to DD’s, best I can remember. I’ll ask her later what her recipe is. Anytime I went to visit, I always got some when she was at A&M when we dated. She only went a year, got hitched to this knuckle-head, and finished here at A&M Commerce, also known as East Texas State University, back in those days. Course that was over 30 years ago. Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
            I wonder if it’s the same people as Big Joe’s in Euless… talk about some good Italian food.

Place was ran by real Italians from New York. I remember eating dinner one evening and a lady went to get a drink and the syrup was out or something. She goes up to the counter and tells that to the guy. He’s looking at her confused and in a thick New York accent:”so get something else! What do you want me to do about it?? If something is out get something else. Don’t bother me about it. I’m trying to make pizza here”.

My wife and I were dying laughing by the entire exchange.

I think these folks are actually Albanian. They have an eastern European look and sound about them. Very nice folks, and some of them have worked there since I was in high school. The women are quite attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by W E H View Post
              We’ve used pillsbury crescent roll dough, a Sam’s mozzarella cheese stick, Sam’s pepperoni. Cook according to crescent roll directions. Super simple easy. Might slice cheese stick longways if it’s too much cheese. You can play with using better pepperoni or seasonings.

Just an FYI; I pretty much functioned on Double Dave’s Buffett’s when I was at UT. between coupons in the Daily Texan, friends discount, and my Lunchie Munchie Punchie Card, I probably at there at least once a week for 4 years.
              Have a Double Dave's probably a mile from me and I've never eaten there.

I do have this recipe in the oven right now though. Sounds delicious

Comment

I ate too many Double Dave’s pizza rolls one time in college, made myself sick.

You gotta be careful with those things.

Comment

I’ve ate a bunch of them over the years. Enjoyed them but given the choice between them and just regular ol pizza, I’m goin pizza. Just too bready, I feel like I’m not getting my money’s worth.

Comment

Never had one but I just got all the stuff today to make them. I am qualified to make them my name is Dave

Comment

I've eaten more than my share of DD pep'roni rolls. So good. It's a staple for Saturday night after Bownanza.

Blanco River Pizza Company in Blanco has some mighty fine pepperoni rolls if you're ever near there.

Comment

When I was at UT the DD on campus had nickel beers and 25 cent pizza rolls on Wednesday nights……..Thursday’s were rough

Comment

Is the DD's still open in Austin on the north side of the football stadium? That's where I parked, ate, and walked to the games back during the Colt years.

Comment

DD is how a poor kid survived while at Texas A&M. Tuesday night buffet, roommate and I would put largest tupperware that would fit in our backpacks. Eat one and put 2 in tupperware. Would have enough to last until the weekend.

Comment

Pizza rolls are frozen bits of nasty that you buy at your local grocery store. Double Dave's Pepperoni Rolls are in a class all by themselves. I got hooked on them while at A&M. We used to hoard the coupon books they gave out in the bookstores just for the Double Dave's coupons. Well, also the Cow Hop coupons. And maybe the Swensen's coupons too...

Comment

Here is what I did. Wife said very close

Pillsbury pizza crust
                                Smokerd provolone cheese
                                Pepperoni slices
                                Rolled out the dough and cut in pie shape. Layered pepperonis and cheese at big in. Turned in ends and rolled. Brushed with some butter with garlic salt in it. Cooked at 400 for 15-17 minutes. Turned out really good

Comment

Working...
                                X