No announcement yet.

How to remotely monitor a freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a couple different options. Trying to figure out which one is best. I found several on Amazon that work through a cell signal like a game camera but require a monthly subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it possible to just replace a GFCI outlet with one that isn't?

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
        Do you recall which one? Thanks!
        It's this brand and similar, but not made any more.

Failed Circuit Alarm

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
          Is it possible to just replace a GFCI outlet with one that isn't?

Brilliant.

Comment

I bought this one off of Amazon. It sounds an alarm but it’s obviously not “remote”. I use on my freezer in the shop. Had one go out years ago and that was THE SUCK!! [emoji35]
            It works well but you have to be in the general area at some point in order to hear it.

Comment

I have the same problems and looking.

This one looks promising. Wifi, IFTTT, Text alerts($), can use up to 2 probes.

Problem is freezer/fridge probes are not included and currently unavail/out of stock on Amazon.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
                Brilliant.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic but I was asking an honest question. My freezer is on a GFCI circuit, and this seems to be an issue, so I'd like to fix the problem before I lose anything.

Comment

I don't know if you were being sarcastic but I was asking an honest question. My freezer is on a GFCI circuit, and this seems to be an issue, so I'd like to fix the problem before I lose anything.

I think it’s a great idea. I’ve never understood why my exterior plugs and garage was tied into the gfci in the mud room.

Comment

Yes, you can change it out. If you decide to sell, just put it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Yes, you can change it out. If you decide to sell, just put it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X