I Hate Asking...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Hate Asking...

But does anyone have recommendations for a place to hunt hogs with a trad bow that isn't too expensive, and isn't more than a couple hours from Austin? I've logged at least 50 trips with my recurve on public land in central Texas without killing a pig yet.

I've received some recommendations from Bisch in the past but I can't remember what they were. And what can I expect as a good price for a day hunt? I know last time I looked this stuff up I just decided to hunt harder on public.

Everything you need to bring home the bacon! Hunt feral hogs in the piney woods of east Texas just outside the Houston - Lufkin Area, complete with lodging, immensities, and on-sight butchering. Get Boar Hunting performance gear, t-shirts, cups, hats, and more!

top notch outfit!

Comment

Try 3Fingers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Double L in Victoria https://m.doublelranch.net/index.html

That's where Bisch used to go. We had some awesome live hunts there is you want to search for them.

Live at Double L on the trad forum

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Archery isn’t allowed on the llano river but you can hunt hogs, whitetail and axis with buckshot all up and down the river. It’s free, but it’s hard work packing one out sometimes. I wish they allow archery but no luck yet.

Comment

Look at Chambers Bowhunting ranch, great prices and lots of pigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
              Archery isn’t allowed on the llano river but... no luck yet.
              I don't know that I'd advertise that info on the world wide web personally! I didn't know that though, thank you.

As for the other recommendations, thank you guys!

Comment

It’s common knowledge around here. Lots of people deer hunt and almost all the locals dove/duck hunt the river.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  But does anyone have recommendations for a place to hunt hogs with a trad bow that isn't too expensive, and isn't more than a couple hours from Austin? I've logged at least 50 trips with my recurve on public land in central Texas without killing a pig yet.

I've received some recommendations from Bisch in the past but I can't remember what they were. And what can I expect as a good price for a day hunt? I know last time I looked this stuff up I just decided to hunt harder on public.
                  If you're looking for hogs around Austin, I'd suggest 6th Street!

Comment

Granger isn’t bad either

Comment

Granger isn’t bad either
                      about 48 of those 50 trips mentioned in the first post were to Granger. Did I see pigs? Yup. Did I see them in range of my recurve? Not hardly.

Comment

I hear yea. Recurve and a hill style bow is what I use. Different game for sure. Good luck. I used to have several places around here I could turn you on to but over the years, they ended up leasing out to groups. Might try chamber of commerce. They keep a list of ranches with hunting available. Don’t have the number off hand but it’s the llano chamber.

Comment

I sure appreciate the help! I've got unfinished business at Granger, but my wife might need to see some blood on arrows to decide I'm not crazy first.

Comment

There’s a long draw just west of the primitive camp that’s full of hog wallows. I usually just find the most recent activity and set up down wind from the approach trail. Sometimes they show sometimes not but I usually see hogs there.

Comment

Archery isn’t allowed on the llano river but you can hunt hogs, whitetail and axis with buckshot all up and down the river. It’s free, but it’s hard work packing one out sometimes. I wish they allow archery but no luck yet.
                              What ?

Comment

Working...
                              X