Severe Weather- TX South plains- Lubbock to Abilene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Weather- TX South plains- Lubbock to Abilene

Cliff notes... likely to get rather “western” late this afternoon from lubbock through the rolling plains and into the big country.

I know there aren’t a lot of users that are in this area, but some of you have leases in the impacted areas.

Interesting setup unfolding. A low pressure system in the 4 corners region is expected to eject later today, this is streaming mid level moisture from Baja California, meanwhile a surface level low on the lee side of the Rockies, in SE NM is pulling low level gulf moisture into the area, all that is creating rising dew points meaning there is adequate “fuel” in place.

Surface temps in west Texas and se nm should be in the 90’s offering adequate instability along a dry line setting up near the TX/NM state line. That boundary will mix with a stalled outflow boundary from storms last night and has the propensity to produce slow moving storms with heavy rain and large hail and supercells capable of producing tornados.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18971F9F-BA67-45B8-99A2-F1D75E5363D2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	155.6 KB
ID:	25250309

Oh great.......... Eastland included ????

Comment

It's getting bad already, my sister sent me pics from Lake Charles. People are standing on their roofs from all the rain from yesterday. It's pretty bad there right now.

Comment

Good luck folks, hope none of it pans out !

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          Oh great.......... Eastland included ????
          Id say anything from the TX/NM state line to east of Dallas has a risk of dangerous storms, but I think the more significant risk for areas east of Abilene would be flash flooding

Comment

not good

Comment

I’ll try to get some good video of the ‘naders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Fry View Post
                I’ll try to get some good video of the ‘naders

Hope not... storms popping of SW of LBK, but the stronger storms are NW.

Talked to one of my roofing buddies, he was giddy!

Comment

Starting to fire up out that way. Here’s hoping to everyone staying safe

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Cliff notes... likely to get rather “western” late this afternoon from lubbock through the rolling plains and into the big country.

I know there aren’t a lot of users that are in this area, but some of you have leases in the impacted areas.

Interesting setup unfolding. A low pressure system in the 4 corners region is expected to eject later today, this is streaming mid level moisture from Baja California, meanwhile a surface level low on the lee side of the Rockies, in SE NM is pulling low level gulf moisture into the area, all that is creating rising dew points meaning there is adequate “fuel” in place.

Surface temps in west Texas and se nm should be in the 90’s offering adequate instability along a dry line setting up near the TX/NM state line. That boundary will mix with a stalled outflow boundary from storms last night and has the propensity to produce slow moving storms with heavy rain and large hail and supercells capable of producing tornados.

[ATTACH]1049860[/ATTACH]
                    My son was headed back to Lubbock this afternoon and decided to go first thing in the morning. A bunch of cells are popping up out the there

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m up in Amarillo now it’s starting to get western

Comment

Wow. A lot of warning boxes popping!!

Comment

Looks nasty.

Comment

Just ended a tornado warning for the city of lubbock. Never actually touched down, just a decent storm with rotation and golf ball + hail

Comment

Cone formed but didn’t come down. You can see it at 11:00 above my neighbors garage. LOTS of rotation, but passed over me fine. Some folks SE of here got big hail.

Comment

Working...
                              X