Zero turn mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zero turn mowers

Looking at getting a zero turn mower. Looking between a Gravely, badboy, cub cadet. Whats every ones opinion on these mowers on which is the best. Looking to spend $3500.

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
    Looking at getting a zero turn mower. Looking between a Gravely, badboy, cub cadet. Whats every ones opinion on these mowers on which is the best. Looking to spend $3500.
    My dad has a Badboy and loves it, he also researched them for a year before his purchase...

Comment

following as I am also looking,, so far Cub Cadet is , and JD are in the running

Comment

wont even sniff a mower

Comment

I've had a cub cadet for 2 years and have no complaints on it

Comment

I paid 4k five years ago. I have a Cub cadet z force 60. Runs and mows good but the engine seems underpowered. If I am not careful about it it will stall when turning on the blades. It didn't always do that.

Comment

Spencer, I am looking to go a different direction with my mower. I have a BadBoy 60 inch that runs like a top. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested. I can get you some better specs, pics, etc...

Comment

i have a cub , its a great mower but it will beat you to death very rough ride (least that's what the wife says ) had a toro before the cub it was an awesome mower but a mechanic nightmare and hard to get parts. my 2cents

Comment

These are OK if you have a normal size yard like in a neighborhood, but the consumer type mowers (in the 2500-4500 dollar range) won't hold up to hard use... too many stamped out sheetmetal and plastic parts... If you're mowing over an acre and want a zero turn, look at the commercial grade mowers with a cast frame and serious welded deck and 20+ hp engine. I mow about 3 acres and have a John Deere ZT920 with the Kawasaki engine. Sucker is a beast of a mower and all Iv'e done to it is change oil, sharpen and replace blades. You won't get a new commercial mower for what you're proposing to spend tho unless you can find a good used one, and if you can do that, you'd be better off with it than a brand new consumer model.

Comment

not sure which model i have but my gravely is pretty dang smooth riding compared the JD and club ive mowed with. i was told gravely has one of the heavier duty built decks in the market.

Comment

I bought an Ariens Ikon X 52" (Ariens owns Gravely and are manufactured in same plant in Wisconsin I believe) last spring and have approximately 45 hours on it so far. Granted it has only been in use a short while, I have been very pleased with the mower. I mow roughly 2 acres with mine around trees, carport, barn, daughters playground equip. and it is very comfortable and does what I need it to do. It has the fabricated deck and 23 hp Kawasaki engine. Seems to be powered well enough for what I use it for. I can do all mowing in about 1.5 hrs. Cost was $3k new when I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by chewy View Post
                        not sure which model i have but my gravely is pretty dang smooth riding compared the JD and club ive mowed with. i was told gravely has one of the heavier duty built decks in the market.
                        Yea and they have good seats too... likely why the ride is better than my JD... Been gonna upgrade to a floating seat, but just haven't done it yet...

Comment

I recently bought a Bob Cat mower. Was told by a guy I know to check them out, glad I did. When comparing apple to apple specs to other mowers the cost was $1500-$2000 more depending on brand. Very happy with it so far.

Comment

I have an Ariens 56" with welded deck. Its been a great mower and was priced much better than some of the others I looked at.

Comment

I have a hustler Raptor sd 54" with about 650 hours on it. I had to replace the Kawasaki motor on it last year. My fault not checking the oil often enough. Other maintence has included changing hydro oil, motor oil, safety switches, blades, belts, welding on the deck, ball bearings in front wheels, blade spindles, but its taken a beating. Thinking about buying another new one soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X