Extra Magazine for EDC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra Magazine for EDC

Reading through the recent EDC thread got me wondering how many guys that carry a firearm actually carry an extra magazine.

If you do, how do you carry it? In the pocket or in a holster? What kind of holster?

Depending on the day, I usually try to throw an extra mag for my G19 or P365 in my pocket. I doubt I’ll ever need to use my gun, let alone an extra mag, but it would really suck to see your slide lock back on your gun and not have another mag to throw in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry a Glock 43X in a T Rex Arms Raptor holster. I run my extra mag in a Neomag pocket clip holder in off-gun pocket. The Neomag is kinda hard to get on some jean pockets but it does hold the mag in place really well. T Rex Arms and Tier One Concealment also make holsters w/ an attached mag holder that’s all still inside the waistband but I haven’t tried those out yet. Neomag wasn’t too expensive.

Comment

I turn 21 later this year and will be carrying in a Tier 1 Concealed Axis Elite which is setup for an extra mag. The Neo Mag is one of the best ways to carry an extra mag if your holster doesn’t accommodate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I carry at least 2 or 3 extra mags when i carry my 1911 or shield. Glock 22 1 or 2. I use a uncle Mikes in pocket hilster for medium size auto pistol and carry in front pocket. Sometimes i use a blackhawk kydex mag pouch on the belt.

Comment

I carry an extra in a horizontal sheath on the off side. It either fits between belt loops or outside two loops so as not to move. Any leather worker can easily make one. Would post pic but don't know how.

Comment

I used to carry an extra mag in a belt holster, but I’m down to just the 365. I got tired of all the extra weight hanging on my pants. Hopefully I never have to resort to throwing my empty gun at a bad guy.

Comment

I carry an extra in my pocket, currently don’t have holster for it

Comment

In pocket

Comment

[ATTACH]995155[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
                    I carry an extra in my pocket, currently don’t have holster for it
                    Same, I just pull the rounds and hit the mag with compressed air every weekend.

Comment

i carry an extra in a mag holster on off side.

Comment

I carry an extra mag when I have my lcp. It only holds 6 rounds and the mag weighs nothing. I carry it in my left front pocket and don't realize it's there

Comment

With my lcp I do, sometimes my 1911
                          Attached Files

Comment

In pocket. It's nice to have extra ammo, but the main reason I carry an extra magazine is because of a chance of malfunction. Most malfunctions are from magazine failure.

Comment

I carry a 365xl . Extra mag in either a neomag or a magholder

Comment

Working...
                              X