Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLEASE Help Us Locate This Vietnam Vet!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
    LFD 2037, Try this page. You can search down to specific dates in an area and it will pull everyone who served at the same time. Search by unit, campaign, MOS, etc.

https://www.togetherweserved.com/?fb...AwrAGZvpyWnJPQ
    That looks like a great source of info. Thank you for that & for posting on facebook.
    Our biggest problem is he can't remember his name. He has given me 6 or 7 different names for him & they've all been completely different names. It's very hard to find someone when you don't know their dang name.
    We appreciate all the help thus far from everybody!

Comment

Following! Is there such databases for USAF veterans?

Comment

Bump

Comment

If you ever get a name on the guy...I can find him quickly.

Maybe if your FIL can provide more specific unit information? Regiment, Battalion, etc.

For example, I was in the First Marine Division...but that could be thousands of people at any given time. But when you narrow it down to Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division...it cuts the search way down.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            If you ever get a name on the guy...I can find him quickly.

Maybe if your FIL can provide more specific unit information? Regiment, Battalion, etc.

For example, I was in the First Marine Division...but that could be thousands of people at any given time. But when you narrow it down to Lima Company, 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division...it cuts the search way down.
            He's told me his name is Terry, William, David & several others, all w/different last names. I tried all the names he gave me on the Vietnam Veteran website & none came up.
            I'll ask him when he wakes up from his nap. I asked something similar the other day & he didn't seem to be able to offer much input. I'll try again using your example. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Following! Is there such databases for USAF veterans?
              If you have a name, there's lots of veteran websites that cover just about anyone that has served since WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                If you have a name, there's lots of veteran websites that cover just about anyone that has served since WWII.
                Thanks sir......very kewl project you are taking on for your FIL.

Comment

You may be able to pull up your FIL's dd 214 and narrow down his service records and search his unit. IDK I was never in the service.

Comment

Sent to my father for a long shot, but he was in country the same time but was with the 11th Cav. My also contact Waxahachie ISD and see if they have the names of the Veterans that attended school there. I know Lexington has a running list that they use during programs.

Comment

I found him

Mike Terry. He lives in Maypearl. He contacted me on FB.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

LFD2037 PM me some contact information and I'll get his from FB messenger.

The guy in the middle is Dave Robards.
                      Last edited by Froggy; 03-09-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

This is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Great job Dave! Good on you.

Comment

I shared it on FB as well ....absolutely awesome that you solved the mystery. Very very nice!!

Comment

Great job here Froggy, I’ve been following this thread closely, good luck to you guys on the reunion.

Comment

You da man Froggy.

Comment

Working...
                                X