Corporate Income Tax
    Dog License Tax
    Excise Taxes
    Federal Income Tax
    Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
    Fishing License Tax
    Food License Tax
    Fuel Permit Tax
    Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
    Gross Receipts Tax
    Hunting License Tax
    Inheritance Tax
    Inventory Tax
    IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
    Liquor Tax
    Luxury Taxes
    Marriage License Tax
    Medicare Tax
    Personal Property Tax
    Property Tax
    Real Estate Tax
    Service Charge Tax
    Social Security Tax
    Road Usage Tax
    Recreational Vehicle Tax
    Sales Tax
    School Tax
    State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
    Telephone Federal Excise Tax
    Telephone Federal Universal Service Fee Tax
    Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
    Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
    Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
    Telephone State and Local Tax
    Telephone Usage Charge Tax
    Utility Taxes
    Vehicle License Registration Tax
    Vehicle Sales Tax
    Watercraft Registration Tax
    Well Permit Tax
    Workers Compensation Tax

STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
    Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
    We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom was able to stay home to raise the kids.

Exactly! And this has fundamentally changed America. A huge part of WHY we are WHERE we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
      Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.
      We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom was able to stay home to raise the kids.
      This propaganda might be good for getting people's hair raised, but you should get your facts straight.
      The national debt in 1919 was over $27 billion link and we were in a recession headed into a depression.
      Mom stayed home because she couldn't get a job or vote herself any rights if she wanted to.
      There was no middle class in the 20s... 60% of American families earned less than what was required to provide basic necessities. Unemployment among non-farm workers hit almost 20% in 1921.
      I know, I know... nobody wants to hear the facts.
      I'll move on. Y'all have fun.

Comment

Missouri show me the money state!

Comment

Taxes have been a topic of discussion around my house lately too.

Due to taxes and insurance, our monthly mortgage has nearly doubled. (Our house is paid off in 3 more years) The tax on my house has gone up nearly 70% over the last 10 years.

We’re focused on our county taxes, and boy, is that system rigged.

The members of the appraisal board, are not voted on by the public, but rather by the people who receive those taxes.

This guy is pretty sharp, and does a great job of explaining things. He is leading the charge to get our property taxes in Tarrant county under control.

Any of you in Tarrant county really need to look more into this, and lend your support to help change things.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
            I know taxes in general are high but Missouri is out of control. Let’s break it down.

First 35-40% right off the top. Here you go government and go ahead and send a few billion to France. No wait, for what?

Missouri has to have theirs with another 6% off the top in state income tax.

Now my $1.00 is $0.54.

Now I get to pay another $10,000 in property tax. Not really $10,000 is it? Since my $1.00 is only worth $0.54 it’s really more like $18,500 gross.

Ohhh wait! That’s not all. If you call now we will add an extra tax. How about we just call it Personal Property Tax. I know we already raped your $1.00 down to $0.54 and you paid sales tax of 9% on the vehicles you purchased bu we need a little more. How about a bill for another $4,000? By the way - after doing the math a new vehicle valued at $50,000, if kept for 10 years (in MO) would cost you $36,000 in tax.

Should we even mention sales tax?

Simply put- why am I killing myself? If you’re disabled or a veteran - fine, I got you. But really, in all seriousness how ridiculous can it get? Just flat tax us already. Greatest Country on earth? Maybe at a premium. Even after signing my body over as government property for 6 years, I still get raped, all while some lazy crack head absorbs all the perks.

Rant over....
            Don't pay them.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              Missouri show me the money state!
              Amen to that and according to the government the cost of living is less than in Texas. The only real difference I noticed was housing was affordable but that was just the lube.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                Taxes have been a topic of discussion around my house lately too.

Due to taxes and insurance, our monthly mortgage has nearly doubled. (Our house is paid off in 3 more years) The tax on my house has gone up nearly 70% over the last 10 years.

We’re focused on our county taxes, and boy, is that system rigged.

The members of the appraisal board, are not voted on by the public, but rather by the people who receive those taxes.

This guy is pretty sharp, and does a great job of explaining things. He is leading the charge to get our property taxes in Tarrant county under control.

Any of you in Tarrant county really need to look more into this, and lend your support to help change things.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                I’m obviously wound up as well because of recent tax bills.

Good video and Texas property taxes are crazy high.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  You forgot health insurance. That's a hidden tax. .. Well not hidden but it is a tax.
                  Not just health insurance. All insurance!!

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                    Only problem I have is the difference in assets. Someone can have a million in the stock market with no taxes, but a million in land you pay property taxes. JMO. No big deal. Sales tax is the only way to go, but the Feds will not do that.
                    It's complicated but long story short the whole system is rigged to force more money into the stock market. It's always been that way. When one scheme stops pushing money towards the markets they start another one.

Right now IMO they are on their last leg... You're forced to invest or inflation eats you up. Can't sit cash at near 0% return, CD's was under 2% and bonds are worthless also.

Basically taxing the crap out of all savers by taking away the power to earn interest. Do the math and it's plain sick and wrong how much they're stealing.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      I agree. House and ranch still cost about 12k in property tax. Oh but wait there is more. If your parents do well and leave you an inheritance, it gets taxed too. Even though it’s already been taxed
                      That is the most ridiculous tax of all. My kids will pay inheritance tax on the money my dad left me that I already paid on. Since We saved it, We paid income tax on the interest too!

Only people who have an income or retired should be allowed to vote. Every else is spending other people’s money.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        It's complicated but long story short the whole system is rigged to force more money into the stock market. It's always been that way. When one scheme stops pushing money towards the markets they start another one.

Right now IMO they are on their last leg... You're forced to invest or inflation eats you up. Can't sit cash at near 0% return, CD's was under 2% and bonds are worthless also.

Basically taxing the crap out of all savers by taking away the power to earn interest. Do the math and it's plain sick and wrong how much they're stealing.
                        Yep. My plan was to obtain assets that will allow me to retire with a low income but still live comfortably. Looks that wont happen, mostly due to taxes. It will cost too much just in taxes to live here unless I sell out and buy a shack on a lot somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                          This!! If all had to pay at the end of the year and physically write a check for an absurd amount, they sure would be singing a different tune.
                          Yep. Same people who get excited when they get a “refund”.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                            Yep. My plan was to obtain assets that will allow me to retire with a low income but still live comfortably. Looks that wont happen, mostly due to taxes. It will cost too much just in taxes to live here unless I sell out and buy a shack on a lot somewhere.
                            Thats the sad part. I had the same plans, retire to the country build a modest home on a decent chunk of land and be debt free. However it might not be affordable...

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                              Yep. Same people who get excited when they get a “refund”.
                              Lol, aint that the truth. I get customers every spring that tell me how much they are getting back from the IRS.

I always think to myself why do those folks pay so much extra every year? I reckon that I can put 5000.00 in a mutual fund during the year and earn more on it than lending the gubment 5000.00

Comment

Just moving to a rural area doesn’t guarantee you low taxes. Lower maybe but not low. Due to the rural school districts looking for revenue because of funding issues that is going to be a battle also. Do your research prior to choosing your homestead.

Comment

Working...
                                X