No announcement yet.

Zero turn mowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most are made by the same company.. Just different paint colors, a few different features, different warranty and much different prices.... True story..
    Get a commercial grade with a Kawasaki engine..

Comment

Ex mark pioneer I have had for several years. Been a good one besides regular maintenance

Comment

I was between Cub Cadet and Husqvarna 5 years ago. I talked with mower repair guy. He said Husqvarna, had one for 9 years and has made it through 3 sons. I haven't had any trouble. Our neighbor has CC and has been to the shop twice in 3 years. I have only changed blades. We can grow limestone!

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
          Looking at getting a zero turn mower. Looking between a Gravely, badboy, cub cadet. Whats every ones opinion on these mowers on which is the best. Looking to spend $3500.
          hustler raptor, 54" 23 hp Kawasaki I paid 3600, great mower
          Last edited by xman59; 03-30-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I have an 06 Cub Cadet RZT50 with Kohler 23hp. My sister in law gave it to us 3 years ago when they got a new one because the clutch wouldn’t engage anymore. That problem was a safety switch in the handless. I’ve changed the starter, idlers and need to finally change the spindles. If I ever get another, Cub will be in the front just because this thing seems to take anything that’s dished to it.

Comment

I have a 12 year old exmark. I have a pulley to change tonight but that's the first problem I've had since it was new. My next mower will be a spartan I believe..

Comment

I’m upgrading from this
                To thisby the end of the week. No complaints at all with my Badboy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can officially list my first complaint with my hustler. Went to do the 100 hour service this weekend. Engine oil and everything else a breeze. Then I went to do the hydros oil...……..

WHAT A GIANT PIA!!!

I elected to take the rear tires off to get to the filters all of which was easy especially since I had the impact out for blades. Drained old fluid and replaced filters in short order. Then I went to add near 5 quarts of new oil. I think it took over 2 hours to get the new oil in 1/2 a quart at a time. Then there was the over flow plug removal and replacement. What a nut kick that was.

Theres gotta be another way to get the oil in than the 3 or 4 videos on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    I can officially list my first complaint with my hustler. Went to do the 100 hour service this weekend. Engine oil and everything else a breeze. Then I went to do the hydros oil...……..

WHAT A GIANT PIA!!!

I elected to take the rear tires off to get to the filters all of which was easy especially since I had the impact out for blades. Drained old fluid and replaced filters in short order. Then I went to add near 5 quarts of new oil. I think it took over 2 hours to get the new oil in 1/2 a quart at a time. Then there was the over flow plug removal and replacement. What a nut kick that was.

Theres gotta be another way to get the oil in than the 3 or 4 videos on youtube
                    Ill change the oil myself, but I let the dealer do the Hydro's on the rearend. I'm not screwing with it.

Comment

i just got a hustler raptor sd 48 with the kawi motor about 2 months ago. i was between this and the badboy mz. i ended up going with the hustler because it has servicable hydros and a better seat. the other day i was mowing and stopped to open the backyard gate and the mower wouldnt start after that. the next day it started and mowed fine, still dont know why it wouldnt start.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                        Ill change the oil myself, but I let the dealer do the Hydro's on the rearend. I'm not screwing with it.

I got a few years before I have to worry about it again but I may end up paying next time

Comment

Zero turn threads are dime a dozen.
                          Look at what the landscaping crews in your area use.
                          That will be your answer. Different conditions and different grass require different mowers.
                          Not all mowers do well in every area.
                          My 2100is ferris is the best riding mower made, nothing comes close to it.
                          When I get off of it I feel great.

Comment

Will be buying one myself in 2 or 3 months, for mowing about 3/4 an acre. Jeez, those higher-ed ZTMs are expensive. I'm thinking maybe a Husqvarna...

One thing, FWIW, I bought a top-line Cub Cadet weed trimmer a few years back, and it was the worst piece of crap I've ever seen. Leaked gas, vibrated so bad it made my hands numb, hard to start, motor was crooked, everything. Threw it in the trash and got an Echo.

Comment

Another thing people seem to leave out of the equation. A 2-5k mower isn’t designed to last a long time, it’s probally shot in 6-7 years. A high end commercial mower can see north of 5k hours pretty easy if maintained. That should last a homer owner a life time. I expect to have mine for the next 20 plus years. They are pretty cheap if you devide the Price by the years of service.

Comment

I run a Kubota ZD331, 60" deck. I mow about 17 acres total with it. It's a beast.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X