No announcement yet.

Zero turn mower suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 60" exmark and it is awesome. I mow about 2.5 acres of my place. Pretty much every commercial crew I see uses exmark mowers.

Comment

I have a s120 snapper pro .

Comment

I've had a Bob Cat CRZ52 for about 3 years and over 600 hours and have had no issues at all, plus it was about $2k less than the others. I bought it for the ease of maintenance since I do my own. Belts, hydros filters, all much easier to get to than all the others I looked at.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a Cub Cadet RZT 50 for about 10 years. Regular maintenance....no issues other than replacing a spindle a couple of years ago.

Would go that route again..

Comment

Originally posted by tpepper70 View Post
            I've had a Bob Cat CRZ52 for about 3 years and over 600 hours and have had no issues at all, plus it was about $2k less than the others. I bought it for the ease of maintenance since I do my own. Belts, hydros filters, all much easier to get to than all the others I looked at.

Everything on a commercial Scag is easy to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
              I have a 60" exmark and it is awesome. I mow about 2.5 acres of my place. Pretty much every commercial crew I see uses exmark mowers.
              Depends on your location.
              I mostly see Scag and Hustler, but that’s what the biggest dealers carry.

Comment

Just picked up a Spartan SRT Pro. I was dead set on another bad boy, until I saw this one. Rides like a dream!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want comfort, get a ferris.
                  Last edited by 6.5 shooter; 05-09-2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

ExMark

Comment

Ferris is very good, mine is a 2003 48” and still going strong.

They are used a lot by lawn guys in south FL. Suspension is the best of any zero turn.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        Dude ok yours is better.. You good now?? Lol Enjoy it..

But seriously, tell it to someone else.. I looked at all of them. My heart was set on a commercial SCAG until I was educated in them by a dealership that sold them. SCAG had the worst paint out of all commercial mowers I looked at.. Every single one that was setting outside, under awnings, were already showing paint peeling and rust, especially on the deck and these were new mowers..
                        As far as commercial guys most around here and in Galveston county run FERRIS for numerous reasons.. #1 they are just an all better built mower.. #2 the front end components(which are the most abused in commercials mowing) can be unbolted and change independently where as Scag and most others the entire front end has to be cut off and replaced/welded back on as 1 Solid unit.. Not user friendly at all.. Of course I'm sure you know this though.. Lol..
                        I was pretty set on a Hustler until I looked at a Ferris!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          Everything on a commercial Scag is easy to get to.
                          Oh yeah, and they're real nice, but start about $2k more than what mine cost. The comparable Scag was the Liberty and it was too confined. I really wanted a commercial Scag, but out of my price range.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                            Dude ok yours is better.. You good now?? Lol Enjoy it..

But seriously, tell it to someone else.. I looked at all of them. My heart was set on a commercial SCAG until I was educated in them by a dealership that sold them. SCAG had the worst paint out of all commercial mowers I looked at.. Every single one that was setting outside, under awnings, were already showing paint peeling and rust, especially on the deck and these were new mowers..
                            As far as commercial guys most around here and in Galveston county run FERRIS for numerous reasons.. #1 they are just an all better built mower.. #2 the front end components(which are the most abused in commercials mowing) can be unbolted and change independently where as Scag and most others the entire front end has to be cut off and replaced/welded back on as 1 Solid unit.. Not user friendly at all.. Of course I'm sure you know this though.. Lol..
                            Lol!
                            Enjoy your mower. I am sure it’s a good one, its just not a SGAG!
                            I looked at all of them too, and chose the better one...
                            I have never seen commercial guys use Ferris, but I am sure it’s possible, if that’s all that’s available in their area...

I hear Jade Helm mows with a Briggs and Stratton owned ferris...
                            Last edited by Rubi513; 05-09-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I once stayed at a Holiday Inn and a Marriott. What that has to do with zero turns I have no clue. Me likes eXmark, Grasshopper and Johnathon Deere’s. Might be a few others. The Hustlers I’ve used didn’t hold as much hydraulic fluid for the wheel motors and thus required more frequent fluid and filter changes. The deck spindle bearings were noisier after a couple hundred hours or more. I’m really not sure why that is.

Comment

Started training my 6yo daughter on the Gravely 52” today. She operates a golf cart effectively and is capably independent. She did well today just driving the yard in circles with no blade engagement at low throttle...then operating responsibly she got full throttle...then came the smiles. The Kawasaki motor has been superbly trouble free especially using ethanol free gasoline.

Comment

Working...
                                X