Out of DEf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of DEf

Got 560 miles to go. Truck says I’m out of def in 100. I think my line is pinched. I tried to fill And she gurgles and spits. Will she run full power if I don’t turn it off? Thinking of keeping going

2020 F-350 6.7

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s about to power down and limit your speed. That won’t last long either. Another 50-100 miles before it completely shuts down.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
      She’s about to power down and limit your speed. That won’t last long either. Another 50-100 miles before it completely shuts down.

Ugh!!! I gotta get this ***** to Drink.

Last truck (2015) would stay full power till first shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post

This. But the def system isn’t covered under warranty cause it’s exhaust related. Never mind it makes your truck inoperable. . . I digress......

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

You gotta save the environment one plastic bottle and cardboard box at a time.......they figured out how to force us to comply and pay the fee by physically shutting down equipment that we own

Comment

Out of DEf

Don’t stop it won’t limit you until you shut it off and restart.
            My truck is a 2017. I guess 2020 could be different

Comment

Sometimes my sensor doesn’t work right after I refill
              I have to run it a little shut down and restart
              Its like there is a float that is sticking and finally floats up
              I know it’s probably digital but that’s what it seems like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine lost power in a ghetto in memos. Memphis. Kicked back up about 30 minutes later and got me 200 miles before dying completely. 2017 Ram

I wouldn't risk it. Find a way to make her drink

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hopefully you will be good. My def pump went out this summer on the way to Colorado and none of the 4 dealers I went to on the way there and back had def pumps because of Covid. They told me to keep driving it. I did and she never stopped or did a regen in 2700 miles. 2019 F250. Never lost power either. One dealer told me it will only power down to a minimum of 50mph now because the transportation board made them change the limp mode because it was too dangerous to be going under that speed. Not sure how true that is.

Also, always carry a code reader and you can reset any codes it may throw. Get you a little further down the road.
                  Last edited by captainsling; 01-05-2021, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                    Hopefully you will be good. My def pump went out this summer on the way to Colorado and none of the 4 dealers I went to on the way there and back had def pumps because of Covid. They told me to keep driving it. I did and she never stopped or did a regen in 2700 miles. 2019 F250. Never lost power either. One dealer told me it will only power down to a minimum of 50mph now because the transportation board made them change the limp mode because it was too dangerous to be going under that speed. Not sure how true that is.

Also, always carry a code reader and you can reset any codes it may throw. Get you a little further down the road.

I don't know about shutting down but I can tell you about the DEF pumps. My DEF pump went bad and I took it to the dealer, they removed and confirmed it was bad. They said the cost to replace it was $2685.88. I had no other choice at the time so I said go ahead and replace it. Well here's where it gets good, the first week no pump in stock. Second week they are calling all dealers in the area and country for a pump. Third week I call and independent diesel mechanic to see if he could locate one for me. He said that he could not locate one and talked to a friend that worked at the dealer and was told that DEF pumps were on back order until April 2021.
                    I called dealer told them to put pump and everything back on and I would come pick up my truck. Was recommended to and individual who could do a delete for me and that is how I came to have no DEF pump in my system. I do have to say the DEF system in a diesel is nothing but a piece of junk.

Comment

Delete kit

Comment

My DEF tank has a plastic filter screen just below the fill neck, it is blue in color and removable. If any trash has plugged the screen it takes forever to fill, you might check to see if yours has that screen.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                          I don't know about shutting down but I can tell you about the DEF pumps. My DEF pump went bad and I took it to the dealer, they removed and confirmed it was bad. They said the cost to replace it was $2685.88. I had no other choice at the time so I said go ahead and replace it. Well here's where it gets good, the first week no pump in stock. Second week they are calling all dealers in the area and country for a pump. Third week I call and independent diesel mechanic to see if he could locate one for me. He said that he could not locate one and talked to a friend that worked at the dealer and was told that DEF pumps were on back order until April 2021.
                          I called dealer told them to put pump and everything back on and I would come pick up my truck. Was recommended to and individual who could do a delete for me and that is how I came to have no DEF pump in my system. I do have to say the DEF system in a diesel is nothing but a piece of junk.
                          This is exactly what happened to me. After the fact, I wish I had deleted it when I first went out of warranty. It runs a lot better and I don’t have to worry about never ending DEF issues.

Comment

Originally posted by mudbone View Post
                            What was the cost to delete?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanite View Post
                              Got 560 miles to go. Truck says I’m out of def in 100. I think my line is pinched. I tried to fill And she gurgles and spits. Will she run full power if I don’t turn it off? Thinking of keeping going

2020 F-350 6.7

Thanks

Did you make it?

Comment

Working...
                              X