No announcement yet.

Metal Workers - Opinions on Milwaukee metal circular saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have a beam saw too . Buddy has a 18v one . Thing is a beast . He loves it .

Comment

Do you want a bladed saw only or will a plasma do? We bought one of the 250.00 ones off amazon and it works great up to 3/8". Just haven't tried it on .5 yet.

Comment

I have one it works great. I have never used it to cut anything thicker than 1/8” though. So I’m not much help. They are pretty loud but cut pretty good. I would imagine if your not in a big hurry it would cut 1/4” fine

Comment

I have this saw, it will cut your 1/4" plate fine. Two things, set it up to cut only the thickness of the metal like you would a standard circular saw. Two, don't hurry the saw it will shorten the blade life. go slow enough that the motor doesn't load up.

Comment

About this item
            Power Tools and Accessories
            Country of manufacture: China
            Manufacturer: Milwaukee

Comment

I worked for a Concrete truck manufacture for almost 20 years. We would use these saws to cut the end of truck frames off. Double thick, 10" truck frame and they would cut like butter. Its the right tool for a lot of jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                Check out Eastwood. I bought their plate cutter a while back and it was great on 1/4" plate. Think it was in the $100 range. Eastwood mini-metal saw.
                This.

I like my mini metal saw also, especially for the price.

Comment

plasma cutter is the best way to go with 1/4" steel. it is a matter of opinion like most things. A saw will have a clean cut for sure but I like my plasma more than anything in the garage.
                  Last edited by Tom; 12-17-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                    Do you want a bladed saw only or will a plasma do? We bought one of the 250.00 ones off amazon and it works great up to 3/8". Just haven't tried it on .5 yet.

A $250 plasma cutter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post

All the plasma cutters I’ve seen were really expensive. Also, I have exactly zero experience with them and don’t know what I was getting into. For $250 I could be interested. Skeptical at that price though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        A $250 plasma cutter?

amazon.com

there are youtube videos where they test all the cheap ones

Comment

I just use the diablo brand 7 1/4 metal blade for a circular saw
                          Works just as good as the Milwaukee I’ve only cut 1/4 and 3/8
                          Blades are around 30 bucks Compared Milwaukee is 50+

Comment

Originally posted by trailrider View Post
                            I have this saw, it will cut your 1/4" plate fine. Two things, set it up to cut only the thickness of the metal like you would a standard circular saw. Two, don't hurry the saw it will shorten the blade life. go slow enough that the motor doesn't load up.
                            Dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              A $250 plasma cutter?

We have TBH brethren on here that have Plasma cutters from Amazon at that price point and those that have JEGS units for like $233, and a few others at the $250 range. And of course, we also have those brothers that have the BIG stuff too. I'm just a piddler, so I have planned for the JEGS unit, but now have thoughts on the Milwalkie saw as well.

All these available toys......I'm gonna have to get a bigger shop!

Comment

I’ve got the makita one and love it. Awesome for straight cuts on plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X