Plasma Cutters.......Who has one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma Cutters.......Who has one?

Looking into getting a plasma cutter. So, before I drop any big bucks on name brand stuff, I'm wondering if anyone has bought or tried any of the cheap chinese stuff like from Amazon. So what say you Greenscreen? Anybody have any experience with this stuff??

Thanks,
    Greg

Bought the jeggs brand unit. Made several hundred cuts through 1/4" channel iron and its still running strong.

Comment

Eastwood here

Comment

Heck, them Eastwood units are just as expensive as the Hobarts. LOL That Jeggs might just fit the ticket though. Thanks guys! Anybody else have input?

Comment

Miller spectrum

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
            Bought the jeggs brand unit. Made several hundred cuts through 1/4" channel iron and its still running strong.

Love my jegs plasma cutter. It works great and can’t beat the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a super cheap one of ebay. It is definitely for hobby use and not daily. I think it was a few hundred dollars.

The **** seller said made in California, but ended up being from china. After getting it and seeing this, I just made sure to buy a good bit of consumables for it just in case I couldn't find them again.

J

Comment

Hypertherm 30. Rated for 3/8” but it’ll do 1/2” no problem

Comment

Heck for that kinda pricing, that Hypie unit better cut 2" and never stutter! LOL

Looks like Jeggs may be the winner!

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                    Heck for that kinda pricing, that Hypie unit better cut 2" and never stutter! LOL

Looks like Jeggs may be the winner!
                    My Miller was about $3k fifteen years ago. It’s rated for 7/8”but easily cuts 1” thick stuff. Has the 50 foot torch lead on it which makes getting around easy peasy. It’s still a strong machine after all these years. You won’t go wrong with one of the leaders in the welding business.

Comment

I tried a Lotos 50 even with 230v would not cut through 1/2" plate

Comment

Dang, I just looked into the Jegs cutter. I might need to replace my 10 year old one for that one.

J

Comment

Go with Hypertherm. Best out there.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            I tried a Lotos 50 even with 230v would not cut through 1/2" plate
                            Completely agree with that.

J

Comment

I don't need anything that Hercules or Thor would need. I'm just a simple fella that likes to tinker from time to time. That's why I'm leaning toward the Jeggs unit. But I figured I'd get some good insight from you guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X