Ho Ho Ho Merry Freaking Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho Ho Ho Merry Freaking Christmas

Last night AC/Heater went out. Went checked the breaker and it was tripped. Replaced breaker and nada. Call AC guys and they come out and told me of the New AC system I will be getting later this week. I guess it was due. Current system is 15 yrs old. Well that’s 10k or wasn’t planning on spending. Always could be worse and for that I am thankful of my blessings.

I did a whole new system in July when it was crazy hot it sucks for sure

Comment

I did this same thing last summer....I bought the unit at cost and paid a guy cash to let me help him install it...learned I don't wanna be an a.c. guy and attics are hot

Comment

That stinks! It never happens at a good time. Hopefully the new one has a long life. I've been in HVAC for about 20 years and a 15 year lifespan is pretty good for today's equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by DEREKG22 View Post
          I did this same thing last summer....I bought the unit at cost and paid a guy cash to let me help him install it...learned I don't wanna be an a.c. guy and attics are hot
          They definitely are hot. I did my attic time years ago and I don't miss it one bit!

Comment

I don’t know if it’s too late for a second opinion, but my brother experienced similar breaker issues with his back in October. The technician was able to replace the motherboard on his system for $600. Maybe call someone else and see if you can get another opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it this summer, twice on outside unit as power surge from storm smoked a 2 month old unit. Did it myself, inside and outside unit for around 2K. Wasn't a fun job, but 13hrs of work saved me SEVERAL thousand dollars.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Comment

Airhead "Ron" is close to you. Pm him for an honest assesment.

Just sent him this thread..........................
                Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 12-02-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Had to do mine a month after getting my house. Knew it was an old unit so I had the a/c guy do a check. He tells me it's living on borrowed time. Figured I'd limp through to winter. Compressor shorted out a couple days later. $6k for me

Comment

All right, Johnny, but what about my money?
                    What money ?!?
                    AC said you had some dough for me.
                    That a fact? How much do I owe ya?
                    AC said 10%

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                      All right, Johnny, but what about my money?
                      What money ?!?
                      AC said you had some dough for me.
                      That a fact? How much do I owe ya?
                      AC said 10%
                      Kevin, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post

Thank you Johnny!!!

Comment

Sad that we accept AC systems to last only 15 years. My parents recently sold their house that was built in '67. It still have the same two AC units.

Sorry for the bad luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                            I did a whole new system in July when it was crazy hot it sucks for sure
                            +1

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post

This is your best bet. I used a TBH member for mine and he blew the other quotes out of the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X