No announcement yet.

School rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Grizz. Proud of hi although he is more interested in fishing sometimes than paying his bills he is doing well. We did end up moving and changing school districts to get him what he needed. He had a teacher that checked on him about once an hour to make sure he was doing his work. If he got to anything he didn’t understand he just sat there. Original school said he was Oppositional Diafiant Disorder - basically said he was headed to prision. They would try to make him write but there is something he can feel with a pen going across paper that is like is taking a fork to a chalkboard. He would not write.
    Kindergarten teacher that had him pulled me aside and told me he was mis diagnosed. Said he would follow any verbal directions and even excepted punishment and never would not do anything for her except write. She let him use paint. We took him elsewhere and glad we did not listen to the original school district

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      THE KID WAS TESTED

Everyone keeps posting this. He was tested. That's the point of the thread.

reading comprehension disability is strong here

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        Such a thing as professionalism. You probably aren't familiar with the term.

Even if my wife shared these things, I wouldn't be stupid and put them out on an open forum.
        LOL Nice jab.

I would say some things but would rather not get banned. You just keep on thinking you know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
          My wife as a school counselor deals with this every day. If a child is labeled as having a disorder such as adhd then parents qualify for some type of government program that pays something like $600 per child. So people down here are constantly demanding that their kids be tested. The teachers and principal are in argument all day everyday with parents that are demanding that their kid/kids get tested. Parents don’t care that the child’s grade are good and are learning along with their peers. Parents want their labeled kid so they can get paid!
          That's a generalization. I know a lot of parents, including me and my wife, that didn't receive any kind of help, monetarily or otherwise. Matter of fact, it cost us a lot of money because the ISD and the school counselor didn't do their jobs.

Comment

CoolArrow- never heard of such. School district actually receives money for the added accommodations not the parents. I would double check that and not go by what you received passed down and misinformed from the actual facts. If you can produce the actual document please email me I would like to recoup some of the $thousands I spent getting what the school district couldn’t. Matter of fact it’s probably close to $100k and that’s a lot of hours of overtime
            Last edited by glen; 05-07-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

LOL Nice jab.

I would say some things but would rather not get banned. You just keep on thinking you know anything.
              Know when to keep my mouth shut. I apparently know a lot more about the subject matter, i.e. dyslexia, ADD, than you, having actually experienced it as a parent.
              Last edited by grizzman; 05-07-2019, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                CoolArrow- never heard of such. School district actually receives money for the added accommodations not the parents. I would double check that and not go by what you received passed down and misinformed from the actual facts. If you can produce the actual document please email me I would like to recoup some of the $thousands I spent getting what the school district couldn’t. Matter of fact it’s probably close to $100k and that’s a lot of hours of overtime
                Yeah, that didn't sound right.

Comment

You guys provide great entertainment.

Comment

Because my wife made a general statement, not sharing information about specific students. I don't know who they are, what their problems are, etc... because my wife would never tell me that information.

The OP's wife shared specific information which was shared here.
                    Wow, nice spin there. You ever think about running for office as a dem?

Comment

Originally posted by the marshall View Post
                      reading comprehension disability is strong here
                      Yep.

That and some people just don't seem to understand that everything ends up being the teachers problem. The parents, child, and admin end up telling the teacher what to do while they do jack squat.

The my kid needs special treatment is very strong even in this thread!

Comment

She shouldn’t kick the dog because the baby spilled the milk , my aunt was a teacher and became so bitter in life about the school system, she became very rude and Isolated

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          it's absolutely true. People who are currently on various forms of welfare get additional money and resources, often through medicaid, for special needs children. Like most forms of welfare, people like you, me, or 99% of the people posting here aren't eligible for it.. because you work for a living.

Let's say you're on medicaid, or your kid is, and they need eyeglasses. These kids can get up to one pair of glasses per month... and some of the parents... not all... will get one pair a month "because why not".

I don't know why people are surprised that there is abuse in a form of welfare in this country. We have illegals renting kids to come across the border as a family, but it's surprising a parent would have their kid classified in order to get a little more money per month?
                          Last edited by kyle1974; 05-07-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                            Wow, nice spin there. You ever think about running for office as a dem?
                            Wow, don't have a good come back so you stoop to a personal attack?

Comment

Know when to keep my mouth shut. I apparently know a lot more about the subject matter, i.e. dyslexia, ADD, than you, having actually experienced it as a parent.
                              Well you're not keeping your mouth shut very much on this thread. You just sound like the south end of a donkey.

You may want to start reading the thread again, very slowly, from the beginning.

Comment

Yep.

That and some people just don't seem to understand that everything ends up being the teachers problem. The parents, child, and admin end up telling the teacher what to do while they do jack squat.

The my kid needs special treatment is very strong even in this thread!
                                Statement born on ignorance of what it is like to go through this as a child and parent of the child. I hope that you never have to experience this as a parent.

Comment

Working...
                                X