Choosing a thrower for new feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing a thrower for new feeder

I built a new feeder out of an old 250 gallon propane tank. I'm needing some help either from other guys who have built one or anyone who can find a thrower than I can mount to the bottom of the propane tank. I'll need a funnel also with the thrower but I cant find a thrower that will mount to a round bottom.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ForEverlast makes a good thrower...site sponsors too.

Comment

Krivoman has a good directional feeder. Can you post pics of your feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonysince94 View Post
        I built a new feeder out of an old 250 gallon propane tank. I'm needing some help either from other guys who have built one or anyone who can find a thrower than I can mount to the bottom of the propane tank. I'll need a funnel also with the thrower but I cant find a thrower that will mount to a round bottom.

You are going to need to fab something flat to come off that round bottom. I doubt you will find a thrower that is made for a round bottom.

Comment

Not supporting WGI by any means, but if you can find a unit similar to this that has adjustable slides on the side, you can attach it to a dome/round shaped tank or barrel.

Comment

Why not just weld a plate to the bottom to make it flat?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
              Not supporting WGI by any means, but if you can find a unit similar to this that has adjustable slides on the side, you can attach it to a dome/round shaped tank or barrel.

https://www.amazon.com/Wildgame-Inno...%2C187&sr=8-29
              That may be the simplest solution.

Comment

Texas Hunter Products and bend the bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                  Why not just weld a plate to the bottom to make it flat?
                  This, a simple piece of plate with the bolt pattern drilled into it or use self tapping screws.

Buy a feeder motor that will last, WGI will not last.

Comment

Cox Feeders make one of the, if not the, most reliable and longest lasting feeders out there. I’ve got one that is over 20 years old and it is still going strong. Only thing I’ve done is buy a new battery for it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                      Cox Feeders make one of the, if not the, most reliable and longest lasting feeders out there. I’ve got one that is over 20 years old and it is still going strong. Only thing I’ve done is buy a new battery for it every year.
                      I've looked at the texas hunter as mentioned above. Di you have a link to this one?

Comment

I wanna see pictures of this monstrosity!

Comment

Just throw you one of the All Seasons control units and a short funnel on it and be done. The brackets are adjustable and they run forever.

Comment

Boss Buck makes a good 12v slinger.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthonysince94 View Post
                              I've looked at the texas hunter as mentioned above. Di you have a link to this one?

Here you go. Based on our customer's past history with the product you will not be disappointed in the performance.

Texas Hunter Products' 12 Volt Wildlife Game Feeder Kits is one of the most dependable feeder kit you can buy. Find deer feeders and more online!

Comment

Working...
                              X