Universal M1 Carbine value ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Universal M1 Carbine value ?

I acquired a universal M1 carbine in good condition. It is a newer one and not what I have heard as one of the sought after guns. What is the ball park value of a gun like this ?

I’ll give you 450 for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is that a fair price ? I have two 20 rnd mags and four 10 rnd mags and enough ammo to load all the mags. I truly have no idea what it’s worth. But yes I will be selling or trading it. I just don’t really know what I have.

Comment

The universal guns were originally built out of leftovers from the military downsizing after WW II and Korea. Mismatched manufacturers and so forth. New parts made and added as they ran out. I had a nickel played one with a European walnut stock in the early 70's. They function fine, but have no added collector value.

Comment

Put it up in case the Dems win in November. You might need it.

Comment

If you go on gunbroker.com you can look at the listings and get a good idea of the market.
            Buy universal m1 carbine online at GunBroker.com, the world's largest gun auction site. GunBroker.com has universal m1 carbine for sale from thousands of trusted sellers.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

this all depends on whether it is the civilian model or military model. civilian models have a metal heat shield over the bbl instead of an all wood stock. Parts will interchange, but the value isnt nearly as high. I have a civilian model that is fun to shoot. Original magazines do not have a bolt catch notch, but the follower can be modified or replaced with a different type to hold it open on the last round. Military followers are angled to allow closure after last round.

Comment

Good to know, this one does not have the heat shield, it is all wood stock.

Comment

It kinda depends on the serial #

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html

here's a little history.

I had one, must have been a later model. It's innards weren't the same as original and I never got it to operate real good. It did ok, but not 100% functionally.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                      It kinda depends on the serial #

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_universal.html

here's a little history.

I had one, must have been a later model. It's innards weren't the same as original and I never got it to operate real good. It did ok, but not 100% functionally.
                      Even the originals werent known for great functionality. The price was really driven up by import ban after 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                        Even the originals werent known for great functionality. The price was really driven up by import ban after 2008.
                        Had a friend's dad had a Winchester CMP, it worked real good. Of course, we only shot 1 box of ammo out of it on our little excursion with it.
                        Was mighty accurate also with those peep sights.

Comment

If your ever interested in selling it let me know.

Comment

Working...
                          X