.300 blackout Reloading GMX bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any experience with the hornady gmx bullets? Thinking about trying the 125's and 180's as well. Ive got a good load for the barns 110 tactx, and Ive loaded the 190 hornady subX at supersonic velocities with good groups on paper, but haven been able to test them on anything yet. Thinking about using the 125's for deer and the 180's for pigs? But I don't know if there's enough case capacity with the longer 180gr GMX to get it supersonic and expanding.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Jason Slocum

I think you will the same results as the Barnes TTSX bullets which is typically minimal and sometimes no expansion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I killed several pigs with a 300 BO, using the Hornady 130 gr SP bullets. I was happy with the bullet performance. I couldn't get enough expansion with the heavier slugs. I know you are talking solid copper bullets, but the 300 just doesn't generate enough push for me to keep using it.

Comment

I don’t think you will get much expansion out of the GMX.

Comment

If you have a good load with the 110tac X why change it? For deer you need velocity to get the energy up, not bullet size.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used them in my .308.
            I didn’t care for them. Popped a pig 5 times inside 60 yds small hole in small hole out.

Shot a coon in the body @ 40 yds. Small hole in small hole out.

Shot several other pigs and coons with the same result.

I don’t think they were expanding so I switched to Remington Cor Lokt.

Comment

Barnes Tac-tx are the way to go on supersonic. For subs, Makers perform well but are $$$. I am trying the Sub-X now with the intent for subsonic on hogs. But still developing my load.

Comment

Working...
              X