Wife wants to build her own AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife wants to build her own AR

We were sitting around last night after dinner and the wife said she wanted to build her own gun. Well my first thought went to ARs she has shot mine in the past and enjoyed it.

She said she wants to be able to hunt with it. So I started thinking calibers... came down to 6.5Grendel in AR15 or 308 in AR10. I trust the 308 with hunting, it’s just so much heavier. How reliable is 6.5G with factory ammo for hunting deer?

What barrel length 16 or 18? She wants to be able to suppress it?

She also has said she wants it pink and sent me this picture of cerakote. What does cerakote run for hand guard upper and lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't go wrong with the Grendel ! mine loves Hornady 123 SST's

Comment

BCA has there's for around $369 in pink

God Bless
      Bish

Comment

Could always build a 6.5CM too, here’s one of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
          Could always build a 6.5CM too, here’s one of mine.

I would go AR10 but just a bit heavy for her.

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
            I would go AR10 but just a bit heavy for her.

Build a light one

Comment

How about a .224 Valkyrie? There are light bullets available for varmints and heavier bullets for larger game. Out of the ones you named I'd go with a 6.5 Grendel. 18" barrel.
              Last edited by okrattler; 04-17-2020, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The Grendel would be a good choice.

Lightweight rifle, low recoil, highly accurate, and plenty of energy.

Last time I inquired about getting my AR Cerakoted, I was quoted $200-250. That was about a year ago, and I keep finding other things to spend my time and money on.

Comment

I was kind of shocked the first time I picked up an AR-10 - couldn't believe how much heavier than an AR-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

Last time I inquired about getting my AR Cerakoted, I was quoted $200-250. That was about a year ago, and I keep finding other things to spend my time and money on.

That’s what My thoughts on the 6.5G were as well.

My thought is if it’s only 250 to make the wife happy and go hunting more then I’ll go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                      I was kind of shocked the first time I picked up an AR-10 - couldn't believe how much heavier than an AR-15.

Exactly! My AR15 tops at 11lbs with a can and 20round mag.

My AR10 is topping 17lbs without a can.

Comment

dang i had no idea AR10s weighed so much more then AR15s i mean it adds up and makes sense but 6lb heavier with no can seems like a lot

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
                          dang i had no idea AR10s weighed so much more then AR15s i mean it adds up and makes sense but 6lb heavier with no can seems like a lot

I will say that the aero AR10 is not the lightest by any means and the barrel on the AR10 is quite a bit heavier

AR10

AR15

Comment

I just finished a AR 10 in 7mm-08. Weighs right at 10 lbs not including scope and mount.

My 18" Grendel is 8 lbs 7 oz with scope
                            Last edited by Billy Bad Bass; 04-17-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post

X2 Love mine!

Comment

Working...
                              X